Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments?

/ Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments? #1  

jcims

Gold Member
Hi Folks,

Putting together an order for a CT2xx (that's another question), and trying to get my build out right the first time to avoid having to 'go back to the well' later, and wonder if anyone would suggest reconsidering any of the following:

(ps. My title is poor, i know, most of these aren't 'factory' upgrades)

Bobcat 60" Rotary Cutter (Slip Clutch) - $1,649
Bobcat 72" Box Blade (standard duty) - $776
Mid-PTO - $350 (no current applications for this, wasted $$$?)
1 Rear Remote - $250 (for log splitter or hyd top link)
Sweet Seat - $200
Block Heater - $77 (in Ohio, tractor will stay in unheated garage, will get winter use of some type)
Rear Light - $17 (ugly light but hard to pass up the price)

In particular I wonder if the Bobcat branded attachments are a good value, or if i should look to a Woods or something else. The Mid-PTO and rear remotes are 'just in cases' which seem to be easiest to do now (esp the Mid-PTO, but not sure if that's the case). Seat because it's my rear, and the heater and light are relatively inexpensive things that will probably pay for themselves in the first year.

I'm certainly open to other suggestions as well!

Thanks

Bob

/ Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments? #2  
I'd go for two sets of rear remotes and hydraulic top and side links.

I'd also go for loaded tires, and if you plan to do snow, get the chains now and maybe a rear blade ( but cheaper and plentiful used).

I don't think you will need the mid PTO nor the block heater. But, they are pretty cheap now and they add to resale value, somewhat.

/ Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments? #3  
I would add 2 rear remote and add a front remote now... or later, nice for grapple. Suspension seat is a must. Canopy is nice too if you are working on sun most of time or get the cub with a/c and heat.... Get a loader bucket too with Bobtach.
And you will collect implements along the way... :D

/ Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments?
I would add 2 rear remote and add a front remote now... or later, nice for grapple. Suspension seat is a must. Canopy is nice too if you are working on sun most of time or get the cub with a/c and heat.... Get a loader bucket too with Bobtach.
And you will collect implements along the way... :D

Grapple is the main reason i was getting the Bobtach, guess I should have figured on the front remote as well. I'll spend the canopy money on the second rear and front remote, and get a sombrero...lol. Actually at some point i'd like to build one of those mad-max looking FOPS cages, since i'm going to be in the woods a bit. Canopies just seem like they would keep you from seeing what's about to flatten your noggin.

So no negatives on the cutter or box blade so far...they ok? Cutter looks well built to my layman's eyes, but i don't know anything about the gear boxes or slip clutches.

Will definitely be loading the tires, probably add the hydraulic top link after i get tired of hand wringing it. If i spend a lot of time dressing stuff up i'll end up with the side links too, i'm sure.

Thanks folks!

/ Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments? #5  
Grapple is the main reason i was getting the Bobtach, guess I should have figured on the front remote as well. I'll spend the canopy money on the second rear and front remote, and get a sombrero...lol. Actually at some point i'd like to build one of those mad-max looking FOPS cages, since i'm going to be in the woods a bit. Canopies just seem like they would keep you from seeing what's about to flatten your noggin.

So no negatives on the cutter or box blade so far...they ok? Cutter looks well built to my layman's eyes, but i don't know anything about the gear boxes or slip clutches.

Will definitely be loading the tires, probably add the hydraulic top link after i get tired of hand wringing it. If i spend a lot of time dressing stuff up i'll end up with the side links too, i'm sure.

Thanks folks!

I do not know if I would pay any extra money for Bobcat attachments, if you can get the same quality for better money, I would do it. Unless you want a matching set :laughing:
I agree, DO not buy a FEL without a Bobtach, you will regret it as long as you own the tractor, or upgrade it to a Bobtach

/ Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments? #6  
Hi Folks,

Putting together an order for a CT2xx (that's another question), and trying to get my build out right the first time to avoid having to 'go back to the well' later, and wonder if anyone would suggest reconsidering any of the following:

(ps. My title is poor, i know, most of these aren't 'factory' upgrades)

Bobcat 60" Rotary Cutter (Slip Clutch) - $1,649
Bobcat 72" Box Blade (standard duty) - $776
Mid-PTO - $350 (no current applications for this, wasted $$$?)
1 Rear Remote - $250 (for log splitter or hyd top link)
Sweet Seat - $200
Block Heater - $77 (in Ohio, tractor will stay in unheated garage, will get winter use of some type)
Rear Light - $17 (ugly light but hard to pass up the price)

In particular I wonder if the Bobcat branded attachments are a good value, or if i should look to a Woods or something else. The Mid-PTO and rear remotes are 'just in cases' which seem to be easiest to do now (esp the Mid-PTO, but not sure if that's the case). Seat because it's my rear, and the heater and light are relatively inexpensive things that will probably pay for themselves in the first year.

I'm certainly open to other suggestions as well!

Thanks

Bob

If I were you I would run down to Mt. Orab and get the Hawkline Equipment for about 1/2 price and equal quality. If you need to go thru a dealer to purchase at the factory, I will try to help. Ken Sweet

/ Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments? #7  
if you go with the 235 I would move up to a 72 rotary--tire width with r4 is 62 inches wity a tape--nevermind the specs. If you get into the thick stuff you can take a smaller bite or slow down.

On both the box blade and the rotary I would shop elsewhere. There are many other options out there for much less coin. My local farm store has a 72 rotary with slip made by preifort (of fencing fame) for about 850

Good luck--I have the canopy and love it but am not in the woods much.

also if using for snow go with a 7 foot rear blade as a 6 does not cover tracks when angled harshly to move snow to the side.

/ Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments?
If I were you I would run down to Mt. Orab and get the Hawkline Equipment for about 1/2 price and equal quality. If you need to go thru a dealer to purchase at the factory, I will try to help. Ken Sweet

Thanks for the tip! Mt. Orab isn't that far away, I'll give them a shout.

/ Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments? #9  
yeah, you might want to research hydraulic setups for a grapple. I know there is a version with a third loader joystick control that is pretty sweet. I've seen some that Wallace has put on Kiotis before. That would be the way to go, for maximum function.

/ Any opinions on a few factory upgrades/attachments? #10  
Definately personal preference but my recommendation is; Rear remote, Upgrade Seat, Bobtach, Rear Light, and Block heater.

I got my tractor with the seat, and bobtach. Ive since added a block heater, rear remote (1), and built my own rear light.

I would only buy the attachments if you need them and they are good deals. With the bobtach in front, your setup is pretty universal making it easy to shop used or for good deals.