Any one buying or selling tractor on eBay?

/ Any one buying or selling tractor on eBay? #1  

true temper

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430
I need to sell my LS xr4046 tractor, I have it listed locally but would like to get more exposure. Thinking about trying eBay. Looks like its 20 bux to list it and 2% of selling price. Anyone have an opinion?

/ Any one buying or selling tractor on eBay? #2  
I have bought or sold perhaps eight implements on eBay, no tractors.

Check to see if there is an additional fee for receiving payment through PayPal. There probably is.

I sold implements via auction. I wanted implements gone and felt that ten day auction format yields a true market price. Also did not wish to worry about bad payment nor spend my time with numerous browsers.

Unless things have changed, which I doubt, eBay does collect a fee unless the item sells.

Last edited:
   / Any one buying or selling tractor on eBay? #5  
Since you're talking about an LS this may be a better place for it. I'd still look into Tractorhouse though first, since they're more the kind of buyers you want.

If you do it here, you should be able to do it under Motors for $25 if I'm reading this right:

Package options for low-volume sellers

Package type and price

Basic package: $25

Fees for selling a vehicle on eBay Motors

The other section you're looking at for $20 + 2% is for equipment, parts and accessories other than vehicles.

There's also a for sale section here on this website.

/ Any one buying or selling tractor on eBay? #6  
I have bought or sold perhaps eight implements on eBay, no tractors.

Check to see if there is an additional fee for receiving payment through PayPal. There probably is.

I sold implements via auction. I wanted implements gone and felt that ten day auction format yields a true market price. Also did not wish to worry about bad payment nor spend my time with numerous browsers.

Unless things have changed, which I doubt, eBay does collect a fee unless the item sells.

Most of the fee for using PayPal can easily be avoided.
Simply require a $500 non refundable PayPal deposit, and use another method of payment for the major portion of the sale price.