Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway?

/ Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway? #21  
Maybe a vehicle was stopped there for a while and the loose rocks stuck or froze to the tire. When the vehicle moved, it took the loose rocks with it.

Just guessing.
A turned down exhaust pipe on an auto or truck. The exhaust gasses blow away the looser top gravel and the hard pack base remains. Probably from revving up the engine.

/ Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway? #22  
Just do that all over your driveway and keep 'em guessin'. :sneaky: Lack of proof isn't proof of lack, right?

/ Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway? #23  
If you had cows - I'd know exactly what those "spots" are.

/ Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway? #24  
You live near a creek? I had those several years ago and couldn't figure it out until I caught a turtle doing it.

/ Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway? #25  
Bird dust bath. They are probably trying to get at the fine lime below which might be good to get rid of bugs they have.

Agricultural lime is ground limestone known as calcium carbonate and is safe for chickens, animals, and the environment. It is commonly used in coops and barns to destroy odors. Agricultural lime stops the growth of pathogens with its high pH level and deters insects.

Last edited:
   / Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway?
You live near a creek? I had those several years ago and couldn't figure it out until I caught a turtle doing it.
No creeks. No water.

/ Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway?
Bird dust bath. They are probably trying to get at the fine lime below which might be good to get rid of bugs they have.

Agricultural lime is ground limestone known as calcium carbonate and is safe for chickens, animals, and the environment. It is commonly used in coops and barns to destroy odors. Agricultural lime stops the growth of pathogens with its high pH level and deters insects.
This sounds the best so far. I might set up the game cam but there would be 300 pictures a day of my dogs.

/ Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway? #28  
I think it's time to position a trail cam, that would solve it

/ Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway? #29  
This sounds the best so far. I might set up the game cam but there would be 300 pictures a day of my dogs.
Many years ago I put a camera on our back door, a motion sensor on the rear fence gate, and hooked it all to a VHS VCR. It was set to start recording at motion sense and go for 10 minutes. I got home and the 4 hour tape was full on day 1!! So I played it.

Robin flies up on the gate, poops, flies away. 9.9 minutes of nothing.

4 hours of that. :ROFLMAO:

/ Any idea what's causing these circles in my gravel driveway? #30  
So, is Moss' gate safe from other critters that perch on it? o_O My cams would catch a deer or turkey among a hundred or so pics. If I scroll through 'em fast enough I can watch invasive olives waft in the wind like a movie.

btw, can we rule out Bigfoot wearing earbuds and twisting to Chubby Checker's hits in OP's driveway? ... or to my guy Louis Prima? (great anthology CD, btw)