Any Front Loader washer testimonials?

/ Any Front Loader washer testimonials? #1  

JJT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710 HST and a Kubota ZD21 60Pro
Guys and Gals:

Well the 10 year old Amana washer, (problem free for 8000+ loads), needs to be replaced and I'm seriously considering a front loader. Benefits over a top loader - quieter, uses less than half the water, spins out more water for quicker drying, larger capacity and much more energy efficient.

Anyone out there with a front loader that they really like? How about the dislikes?

My wife looked at the Maytag Neptune this morning and didn't like the detergent dispenser. I work for GE so I get a pretty good discount in GE, Hotpoint and Profile appliances. We've also had great luck with Kenmore. Any other brands I should be checking out?

Not much on Consumer Reports.

About a year ago I took a close look at the Staber, real nice unit, just too small at 2 cubic feet.

Budget - $1000.

Thanks in advance, JT

/ Any Front Loader washer testimonials? #2  
Well I dont know about how or who does the laundry in your household but my wife wouldn't want one of those on a bet. Shes forever opening up the lid to add stuff to it when its working. She says she'll never own one of those types. Once the door is closed and it starts your forced to wait till its done before you can open them up. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Any Front Loader washer testimonials? #3  
We just bought a Kenmore #44142 about three weeks ago on a closeout for $600. So far she loves it. The old top loader would go out of balance almost every load. This one is 3.1 cu. ft. & handles everything the super capacity top loader would and more, including queen size comforters. The newer models have a larger door opening and probably some other features but were $400 more.

/ Any Front Loader washer testimonials? #4  
My wife has used maytag top loaders for 40+ years. She now has a Maytag front loader MAH6500AWW.

I think she might get rid of me before getting rid of this washer. She really likes it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

She says, not only does it save on water, hot water ETC. It get the clothes cleaner and drier, so it cuts down on drying time also.

/ Any Front Loader washer testimonials? #5  
We bought a Kenmore front loader three years ago in the middle of a drought because our old top loader was a real water hog. When you're tapped into the pond for drinking water you don't dare waste a drop! Besides, our septic field was on its last legs and we thought reducing the input would help it last longer. That part didn't work.

But we absolutely LOVE that front loader! It's downright miserly on water and we never knew clothes could be so clean! It even takes less soap! My only complaint is it spins so fast the first few weeks I thought a plane was flying low over us when the spin cycle kicked in! But the advantage to that fast spin is the clothes come out nearly dry; an hour on the clothesline and they're ready to wear.

Pete

/ Any Front Loader washer testimonials? #6  
Our daughter loves her Maytag after 3 months. She plans to put the matching drier on top of the new washer whenever the old one gives out - creates storage space in her kitchen pantry closet where she's stuck with no where else for the laundry.

For me, as a broken back person, I wonder about the leaning over to load it - but my equally impaired spouse says we'll make up for it by having the dryer up high....

We're just waiting for the 22 yr old Kenmores to go and will do the same thing in our basement laundry area. I also plan to go with natural gas for the next dryer. More pricey but cheaper to operate here in VA.

Dave

/ Any Front Loader washer testimonials? #7  
Our Maytag front loader is three years old and it is GREAT!

/ Any Front Loader washer testimonials? #8  
The only front loader my wife and I have ever used was the Splendide in our motorhome and it was great, but you probably don't want one that small. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif One of my brothers just replaced his with a new one in the motorhome he's lived in the last 12 years.

/ Any Front Loader washer testimonials? #9  
Front loaders use less water and provide better cleaning action than a top loader. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Any Front Loader washer testimonials? #10  
Our front loader is a New Holland 7308!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif As far as washing clothes with it I don't think it would do so good because of how dirty it is. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Other than that I love it. So does my wife because I move things around the house for her. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

All fun a side. We bought the Maytag brand 4 years ago. My wife likes it a lot. With a septic tank it is nice because of the water usage. As far as adding as you go along, there is a place to add on top of the washer for your soaps and etc. I really don't think we would go back to the top loading after having these. One thing my wife would like as she is tall is the boxes you put underneath them to raise them up a bit. I think them boxes even have draws to put junk in. I think that is.

murph