Dealer Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar?

/ Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar? #1  

passgas55

Bronze Member
I like a simple 2 drive wheel tractor and the yanmar 1700 or 2000 seems to fit what I am looking for. I hope to find a dealer in La, prefer south La. So if you know of any tractor dealers in La that handle these used tractors please let me know.

/ Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar? #2  
Buddy Manning, Manning Enterprises, (985) 839-429 1900 Washington St. Franklinton, LA

/ Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar? #3  
Welcome passgas55,

If you don't find what you want in LA, check out the 1700B that Wayne at LMTC has on special. That one has to be the best value on the web. The "B" series Yannmars have a lot to offer over the regular YM series, and if I'm not mistaken, I think he has said that this one has already had a waterpump retro-fit to it. Don't let the shipping rates on his site scare you off, he has shot me a shipping cost to East Texas that would still put the 1700B well within your target price range. Run a little light polishing compound over that original paint followed by a good wax and that Yanmar red will shine like a new one. Much better than any repaints out there ( except for maybe one of Marks ).

Bruce

/ Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar? #4  
Mark's repaints are the best I have ever seen, though Reed had a pretty nice unit pictured some time ago. I told him several years ago that one of these days I need to pull a nice unit and send it to him....I don't care if it takes 6 months or more...and pay him to work his magic, then keep it for my own personal tractor.

Problem with the 1700B (and yes, it has a water pump) is that come 9/1 we will no longer sell tractors without ROPS, and the ROPS will increase that price about $600. So whether there is a ROPS on a unit or not at the moment, it will have to have one to leave our lot. We hope to get the website changed shortly to note that on tractors that are currently pictured without ROPS. We have made a committment (UTDA.net -- Used Tractor Dealers Association > Home) with a group of dealers representing a substantial portion of this market to try to market the safest product that we can.

On a side note about the water pumps.....we now have a source for new water pumps that has dramatically reduced prices....pumps for most grey yanmars are now under a hundred bucks. This will bring down the price of the conversion kit (which includes pump, gaskets, additional hoses, etc.) for the 1700 as well...don't have final numbers, but likely around 230 or 240.

/ Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar? #5  
Wayne - Bruce, You gents are too kind.

I must agree though....A repainted Yanmar is very often just that, Paint.

Mark

/ Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar? #6  
As far as Manning Enterprises,

I wouldn't buy a Yanmar toy replica from him............I went there..................I think that he only gave a 30 day parts warranty ....................He was very cocky and arrogant towards me and my cousin that went in there..........He said some of the tractors were rebuilt, and some were not.............(not sure who done the labor)......They are reconditioned "as needed"...........I asked him what was the best he could do on the price and he said that he didn't have to sell the tractors because he owns the "whole shopping center right here"....................

From my experience, I would have to say NO, I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend Manning Enterprises................

All this took place back in February 05' when I bought my used Mahindra (Singleton Sales & Service on Hw10 in Franklinton---excellent, excellent people too, by the way)..............MATTER OF FACT, thats how I found my Mahindra...............going to look at the Yanmars................

Travis R

/ Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar? #7  
Reconditioned as needed ??? :confused: Just to know . To what extent was your yanmar reconditioned ? Ie, new every thing , or just parts that needed to be replaced etc, ?

Last edited:
   / Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar? #8  
I knew someone was going to ask that.............

Well, as far as I know, mine was "as needed" too.........

Now don't get me wrong, Manning's tractors looked pretty good, but a lot of the tires were dry rotted, had "low original" hours, but had a YM?? in the shop with low original hours that just had the engine rebuilt..............I do think that the tractors were original, but definitely not the grade "A" tractors you hear about.

But thats not the point..........If the man hadn't been such an *****, I would probably have bought from him.

Travis

/ Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar? #9  
Travis what do u use your Mahindra for and how does it compare to your little Yanny? I am guessing your Mahindra is a 45 hp unit? Why did you want both? Does your Mahindra have a loader?

/ Any dealers in LA sell Yanmar? #10  
My Mahindra does not have a loader...............Yes, it is a 45 horse power............I use my Mahindra for the "big" stuff...............I will use my Yanmar mainly for cutting the grass with a finish mower..........I can get under the trees easier and closer.........I really could just use the Mahindra for everything, but I wanted a Yanmar.............Both are tough and dependable tractors.............I also, later on, will have a International Cub tractor that I would like to restore........I would want that one just to ride around and "show it off"!

Travis