Another unsafe tow

/ Another unsafe tow #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Did not get a picture, but saw someone while leaving the firestation a few minutes ago.

There was someone towing a JD 310 sized backhoe. It was on a short trailer, backed on. It was being towed by a 5 yard dumptruck, looked like older Ford 8xxx series.

The tractor was too big to secure the hoe to the trailer. They had it extended in to the bed of the dump truck, just kinda hanging there.

LEO's would have had a hey day with that...

/ Another unsafe tow #2  
Did not get a picture, but saw someone while leaving the firestation a few minutes ago.

There was someone towing a JD 310 sized backhoe. It was on a short trailer, backed on. It was being towed by a 5 yard dumptruck, looked like older Ford 8xxx series.

The tractor was too big to secure the hoe to the trailer. They had it extended in to the bed of the dump truck, just kinda hanging there.

LEO's would have had a hey day with that...

A local septic guy has been doing that for over 30 years around here. I wouldn't think it was Ok either being that the hoe is suppose to be chained and or the boom locked, but that is the way he tows it. I don't see how he is able to get away with it. His hoe is a Deere 500 and it just fits on the trailer backed on.

/ Another unsafe tow
Can't imagine taking a tight corner with the hoe like that; it would bang up on the side of the dump bed.

/ Another unsafe tow #4  
I saw one just like that the other day, the hoe was just raised up in the air above the trucks gate and bed :eek:

Times are getting tough, people do desperate things, it's like anything goes :confused:

JB.

/ Another unsafe tow #5  
Had an old timer tell me he used to tow his farm tractor sized FEL by putting the bucket in the truck, down pressure to get the front tires off the ground, chain the bucket to the bed, throw the tractor in neutral and off you go !:thumbsup:

/ Another unsafe tow #6  
The old guys at work tell stories about transporting loader tractors to different sites by dropping the bucket into the back of the trucks, lifting the front tires off the ground, hop in the truck and go!:( and yes they were driving down public roads. I wouldn't dream of doing something like that now.

/ Another unsafe tow #7  
No kidding ! " trailer - we don't need no stinking trailer !":laughing:

/ Another unsafe tow #8  
Had an old timer tell me he used to tow his farm tractor sized FEL by putting the bucket in the truck, down pressure to get the front tires off the ground, chain the bucket to the bed, throw the tractor in neutral and off you go !:thumbsup:

Well at least they chained it :laughing:

JB

/ Another unsafe tow #10  
Truly amazing what some people will do. It seems common sense has gone out the window.