eBay/Craigslist Another tractor scam? Not ebay this time.

/ Another tractor scam? Not ebay this time. #11  
I went thru about a weeks worth of back and forth e-mails similar to that when I was selling a box scraper a few years ago. The "guy" wanted it really bad and hoped it was still available. He wanted to send me a check from his "boss" drawn on the account of the company that he works for, as he hadn't got payed yet because he was currently "out of the country" and really wanted it. He would have his "shipping agent" come by and pick it up. After telling him politely that I didn't wish to accept payment that way, my last e-mail to him, I "suggested" that when his "shipping agent" came by to pick it up to just bring cash! Never heard from him again.

/ Another tractor scam? Not ebay this time. #12  
I got one of those emails from the UK wanting to buy goats. It's funny that it was worded exactly the same way as yours. Didn't even sound like the guy was wanting to buy a goat. I just deleted it.

Chris
Hill Farm Boer Goats

/ Another tractor scam? Not ebay this time. #13  
It seems there is a scam here also in the classified ads for a 97 Kubota 3 ton excavator for 2K. I Emailed 2 times about it and got no answer.

/ Another tractor scam? Not ebay this time. #14  
I just e-mailed about a Kubota ZTR for $4,500 located in NC, posted on Portland CL. The thing that really gets me is it's listed as being located at a dealer that actually exists. That's not real fair to the dealer.

I sent an e-mail anyhow, explaining how I thought it was a scam but that I would buy it if they could prove it existed.

Hahahaha,

Greg

/ Another tractor scam? Not ebay this time. #15  
I had bought my JD 3520 on eBay. Paid for it with a wire transfer. Went and picked it up and brought it home. Two weeks later the exact same eBay auction was posted again by another seller. I contacted the original seller and he was amazed that someone had hi jacked is complete ad listing. The original seller contacted eBay and they pulled the listing. Its getting ever increasingly harder to do business without the threat of getting scammed. I recently sold my old JD870 w/backhoe loader. I had the buyer wire the money into my checking account and then I called the bank to make sure the funds where in my account before releasing the tractor to the buyer. I doubt that you can even take cash anymore and be 100% certain its real.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Another tractor scam? Not ebay this time. #16  
valleydweller1 said:
I just e-mailed about a Kubota ZTR for $4,500 located in NC, posted on Portland CL. The thing that really gets me is it's listed as being located at a dealer that actually exists. That's not real fair to the dealer.

I sent an e-mail anyhow, explaining how I thought it was a scam but that I would buy it if they could prove it existed.

Hahahaha,

Greg

So did you contact the dealer and let him know?

Todd

/ Another tractor scam? Not ebay this time. #18  
Wow, he actually wrote me back. Below is the text, first of the e-mail I sent followed by the text of the e-mail he sent back. I would include the ad, but it's already gone.

This should be fun...

Hi,

That's a pretty low price. This kind of looks like a
scam. For that price you should be able to sell it
locally. I know the company you listed is real, but
you didn't list a phone number. Very suspicious...

And why would you post on Easter Sunday? Who works on
Easter Sunday?

Seriously, I'll buy it if you can provide proof it
exists and is for sale for that price.

Greg

His reply:

Hi,
Thank you for your email. I still have it for sale. Right now i am in Canada at my parents ranch with my son but i hope that`s not going to be a problem because i can still handle the transaction. When i left for Canada, i left the item along with several other items in the custody of The Online Outpost because i wanted to sell them on eBay when i return, but something came up back home and i decided to sell this one before i get back but not on eBay because i need to sell it faster. So if you are still interested let me know because i can make the transaction immediately.
There will also be a 10 days return policy on the unit.
Just let me know and i will explain all the details of the transaction...
With Best Regards,
Yours Sincerely Jack !

Hahahahaha!

Greg

/ Another tractor scam? Not ebay this time. #19  
He already replied. Here it is, followed by my reply:

Hello again,
As i said in my first email i will explain how The Online Outpost works because i want you to be clear on every aspect of this transaction. They are one of the best eBay selling services. You simply drop an item to one of their stores or they pick it up from your home ,you find a buyer and they will take care of the rest. When i left in Canada i left 4 items for sale in their custody, they picked them up from my home so don`t ask at what store, or where the item is exactly because i don`t know...as long as they are handling the shipping and handling i don`t care where they are. I forgot to mention that the shipping is included in the price of sale. They offered me a discount on shipping because i am selling a large number of items and i can afford that.
So basically they have the item insured and ready for shipping. As soon as i will have your shipping details i will send it to them and they will start the transaction. They will email you with an invoice and payment instructions. You will have to send the payment to one of their agents by following the payment instructions. Then you will send the payment details to them, they will validate the transaction and will start the shipping ASAP. If you will have questions you can ask them directly.
Unfortunately the pick up is not possible because this is an urgent sale (like i said before i intended to sell this on eBay when i should have returned from Canada but due to some recent problems back home i am forced to sell it now). The Online Outpost suggested to offer a return policy because my offers would substantially increase so i am offering a 10 day guarantee. This eliminates the pick up option but you will have the time to inspect it and decide if you want it or not. If for any reason you decide not to keep it, they will give you a full refund and will return the item on my expense.
So if you agree with this terms and decide to proceed, then i will need your full name and shipping address in order to start the transaction.
As soon as i receive this details from you i will forward them to The Online Outpost exactly as you sent them.
Thank you

Wow, you typed all that pretty quick. You must be an excellent typist.

Alright, send the details for the Online Outpost. What is their web address?

Thanks,

Greg

/ Another tractor scam? Not ebay this time. #20  
It's interesting. If you google the online outpost, their website looks real, and some do link you to an ebay store. But when I search on Ebay for online outpost under stores, I can't find them.

Either way, I'm in NC, so if the guy sends you the contact info for the online outpost, and "they" say they have the ztr, ask where. . . I'm in NC, and so are quite a few others here on TBN :)

Todd

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
Husqvarna XZ5424 Salvage Zero Turn Mowe (A33548)
Husqvarna XZ5424...
Powermatic Mdl. 87 Band Saw w/Blade Welder 3-Phase (A33349)
Powermatic Mdl. 87...
Tires (A33041)
Tires (A33041)
STAR FIRE MEF-3 MOBILE EQUIPMENT FLUID (A32908)
STAR FIRE MEF-3...
Torch Cart, Regulators, Hose & Smith Torch (A33349)
Torch Cart...