Another rock legend gone

/ Another rock legend gone #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Neil Peart, of the Canadian rock band Rush.

Rush Drummer Neil Peart Dead at 67 - Rolling Stone

I guess that not everybody appreciated them. He was arguably the best drummer out there though, with Phil Collins a close second.

I thought that I was hearing an unusual amount of the band on Sirius today.

/ Another rock legend gone #2  
Terrible loss. He was an amazing drummer.

/ Another rock legend gone #3  
In my book Neil was arguably the best ever. Many nights falling asleep listening to Rush as a teenager listening to his perfection on the kit with the early albums.
You can hear traces of his innovation in any good modern drummer.
All the worlds a stage. RIP Neil.

/ Another rock legend gone #5  
A neighborhood friend turned me on to Rush probably not long after All The Worlds a Stage came out. He warned me the singer takes some getting used to. Same kid turned me on to Van Halen I when it came out. A fan ever since....even through the synthesizer years. Surprisingly I never saw them live even though on the early tours they played in my home town as I know my cousin saw them. I probably wasn't aware of them cause this was most likely playing small venues and opening for Kiss. Ironically maybe 8-10 years ago my old band did a reunion show in the very room they played in only the stage had been rebuilt. Think of a venue you would hold a wedding reception in so not large. I bought many of their albums but stopped on the last few as they just sucked. In 2015 I heard this might be their last tour so I got tickets to see them in St Louis and believe me I had nosebleed seats. Still a great show and glad I got to see them live. I had been away from my computer for a few hours and was a bit of a shock to learn he passed away.

/ Another rock legend gone #8  
R.I.P. Neil.

/ Another rock legend gone #9  
I'd put Neil Pert in the company of Buddy rich and Carl Palmer . Phil Collins in the company of Gonzo from the muppets.:drink:

/ Another rock legend gone #10  
Phil Collins is one the greats, as he is a good drummer, plus singer, and showman, which makes him a great musician. Judged on drumming alone, he is not in the same league as the likes of Neil Peart, or John Bonham, or Bill Bruford...