Another Quick Hitch Mod

/ Another Quick Hitch Mod #21  
I think that is intended to be the quick hitch attachment point. It is on mine. Fifteen inches above the lower pins for the QH pin. Eighteen inches to the standard top link hole. If the hook doesn't fit, fix the hook.

One work-around for a blocked pin hole is to take your hook off, turn your hook upside down, put it over your implement pin, then pin the hook to the QH frame. It takes away the "quick" but can get you going.

Bruce

/ Another Quick Hitch Mod #22  
I think that is intended to be the quick hitch attachment point. It is on mine. Fifteen inches above the pins for the QH pin. Eighteen inches to the standard top link hole. If the hook doesn't fit, fix the hook.

Well crap. If that's the case then I feel like an idiot. I'll see about stopping at TSC tomorrow and getting some bushings.

/ Another Quick Hitch Mod
Is there any reason I shouldn't be able to replace the spacer with a smaller sized and use that to connect into the hook of the QH? That way I don't have to grind the opening of the hook?

Thanks

Exactly what I did with my Frontier box blade. Been working fine for years.

/ Another Quick Hitch Mod #24  
Well crap. If that's the case then I feel like an idiot. I'll see about stopping at TSC tomorrow and getting some bushings.

Your not an idiot. I did it too. I bought the optional adaptor for mine but flipped the hook upside down on my dirt scoop per one of the suggestions here.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458695474.515350.jpg

/ Another Quick Hitch Mod #25  
Your not an idiot. I did it too. I bought the optional adaptor for mine but flipped the hook upside down on my dirt scoop per one of the suggestions here.
View attachment 461920
Haha, well, let's just say I have 4 adapters (partially due to an issue with agri website, partially brain fart on my end)...

/ Another Quick Hitch Mod #26  
Personally I'm in the camp of making the QH fit the QH standard. Should get most of the implements working. Those that don't get modified so they fit the standard too.

Had to grind a few hooks that were to small on some QHs.

/ Another Quick Hitch Mod #27  
I've got a Braber brand QH, which is pretty much the same el-cheapo that Harbour Freight sells. I've got my upper hook set at the 15" mark from the lower pins. I had already built a ballast barrel, and LPGS to fit the 15" dimension as that is the same as my Kubota snow blower. Had to modify the lower pins on the blower as they were 1/4" too wide.

The fun part was on the Braber box blade and rotary cutter. Had to cut/weld the lower links on the BB to narrow them 1/2" each side and made a custom mount for the upper pin. That was a pain to get something to fit that according to their own catalogue fits. On the rotary cutter, I moved/flipped/adjusted the existing parts to make it work without having to cut/weld anything but it took a while.

I'm in the process of building a logging grapple and made it to fit. The only thing left is to mod the wood splitter and the rear blade (but I haven't used the blade in a couple years)

Having to move the upper hook to me completely defeats the purpose of having a QH. Everything is getting modified or built to suit the one hook position. A couple of them fit quite tight with the bolts on the upper hook. Welding it in place makes sense to me, I'll never move it. Why that didn't occur to me, I'll never know.

To the comment about side forces springing open the hook with the modified pins, I fail to see how that would be able to be applied. The implement would have to be twisted in the lower mounts for that to happen.

/ Another Quick Hitch Mod #28  
I haven't had any problem with the top hook on mine, especially since I tweaked ALL the hooks a little. I got rid of all the sharp corners and tapered the tops of the hooks, and it finds its way into the BB no problems. It was more of a problem with the chipper because it's so much heavier and there's a driveshaft involved too. The one bad thing about a Quick Hitch is that it's VERY MUCH in the way when connecting the driveshaft. But, I've learned to connect the driveshaft FIRST with the QH lifted, then lower it to hook the implement. I don't bend in enough places to put the shaft on with the implement already attached.