Another Nail In The Coffin Of USAA

/ Another Nail In The Coffin Of USAA #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
Over the last five years or so they have steadily eroded or eliminated various programs and benefits of membership. I've lost count of the number of things they've dropped or farmed out to other vendors. Some claim their insurance rates are great, but every quote I've received was a minimum of 20-30% above other companies.

Now they decide to drop their community/forum and farm support out to the various 'social scam' sites. Granted, there wasn't a whole lot of support in recent months and it sort of devolved into a Front Porch sort of place. Most of the staff replies were little more than 'we'll pass it along to the proper agent ...' . Sometimes you'd get a call back from someone claiming to be in the executive office, but rather than be helpful, they were more likely to be cold and abrasive. But rather than fix it and improve support, they shut it down.

"In recent years, engagement in USAA Community has shifted, while at the same time we’ve seen USAA’s social channels grow to over a million fans, followers and friends. As a result, USAA Community will be retired on June 30. ​
We want to ensure that you have access to the support you need. Please use Live Chat in the USAA mobile app and on USAA.com to connect with the same team of member service representatives who have been answering questions in USAA Community. "​

They had a long tradition of having retired officers running the company, but the newest CEO has no service background at all. It's been since he came in that the decline started.

I'm in the process of moving my monthly OPM direct deposit to another bank. When done, I'll be done with them.

/ Another Nail In The Coffin Of USAA #2  
We dumped them not long after I enlisted 10 years ago. Their rates were double or triple normal insurance. Plus their accounts were meh due to no support ie bank

Then a buddy had a terrible experiance with them as well.

Unless your stationed overseas, I dont see a reason to use them

/ Another Nail In The Coffin Of USAA
And they don't pay interest. My other banks are paying 4-5% or more.

/ Another Nail In The Coffin Of USAA #5  
I agree, I had them when I was stationed over in Japan ( I had off base residence), after the whole earthquake, tsunami, nuke plant disaster they canceled my account and told me to try again once I got back to the states. Fortunately, nothing was damaged due to the event. Due to the fact that they would drop me right after a disaster is not a good sign for anything that would happen in the future, thus I got some one better once I got back to the states. Just my experience, many may have better or worse experiences, this is just mine.

/ Another Nail In The Coffin Of USAA #6  
From my experience working with some of their claims people I never could understand the loyalty of their customers. That was back in the 1980’s to 2000. Their allure started dropping off about then and I knew they were in trouble when a friend of mine in San Antonio who was retired from the Air Force dropped USAA and went to State Farm.