Another MF Possibility

/ Another MF Possibility #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
My neighbour is thinking about selling his tractor. Some of you may recognize that I have been search for a "small" MF for a while and have looked seriously at 35s and 135s. Well, he has an "orchard" MF250. Bought it new in 1984. Has almost 700 (yes hundred) hours, ROPS with canopy, FEL with full hydraulics, power steering and a 3 cyl Perkins (40 HP). What is a fair price for such a find?

Thanks
Bob

/ Another MF Possibility #2  
Well now,Bob.........that is an oddball type of tractor(but probably perfect for your needs). It only appeals to certain people,due to the chopping&channeling of it. If it was a standard 250 it would bring more in your area(not enough orchards around any more in this part of Ontario)So even though it is low houred and has a loader(factory I take it?)I'd say $10-12 grand CDN. Now it could bring more in the spring if it had turf tires for the golf course guys.

Try giving Millbrook and Beaverton a call,and see what ballpark figure they'd give you on a buy.

/ Another MF Possibility #3  
According to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.machinerylink.com/resources/uevg/sbm/default.asp> MachineryLink</A> the tractor alone would sell for about $8000. So with a FEL a fair price would be $10,000-$10,500