Snow Attachments Another FEL Attached Snow Plow Project

/ Another FEL Attached Snow Plow Project
The "handles" are actually hose/fitting guards. The hoses are routed from the cylinders through the guards up to the power pack on the lift frame. The guards would hit the bottom of the lift frame, in some cases the bumper, limiting the lift height of the A-frame. Without the guards, fittings would easily be broken.
Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully I won't have this problem with the FEL adaptation. Looking over the hose setup that 4SHORTS did, I don't think I will miss the guards.

Attachments

• p9.jpg
    p9.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 475
Well, here it is! I am pretty happy with how it turned out with the exception of 2 things.

1. The "Kubota Orange" paint that was used does not match my tractor. I can't completely blame the guy who sandblasted and painted it because I am pretty sure he thought he was using the correct "Kubota Orange", which I think was the old orange. The newer orange has a lot more red in it.

2. The hydraulic hoses are currently positioned underneath the A-Frame which means they could easily get snagged on something if I am not really careful. I tried putting them on the top, but it was too tight with the cross tube on the FEL arm. I am thinking through the use of some 90 degree fittings or maybe having new holes drilled through the cylinder ends to rotate them 90 degrees which will put the openings on the sides instead of the top or bottom.

Here are the before and after pictures.

Attachments

• Photo_112910_004.jpg
    Photo_112910_004.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 558
Here are some additional pictures from some different angles.

Notice the hydraulic lines under the A-Frame. They are somewhat protected by the skid shoes, but they still make me nervous.

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 494
The hydraulics worked perfectly! I was a little worried about getting the hoses on the correct ports to ensure left toggle = left angle and right toggle = right angle. Guess I had a 50/50 chance and I was right on the first try!

Still have plenty of clearance even when angled all the way to the left or right - see pics below.

Weatherman is calling for snow over the next 2 days and I am excited to give it a go in the white stuff!

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 414
The mailman delivered my decal kit today - just had to get them on and shoot a few more pics! I think it really makes it look like a final product!

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 404
   / Another FEL Attached Snow Plow Project #86  
The mailman delivered my decal kit today - just had to get them on and shoot a few more pics! I think it really makes it look like a final product!

Nice Job Thomas:thumbsup:

/ Another FEL Attached Snow Plow Project #87  
Wow great job Thomas! Get yourself a couple of blade guides and get those lines on top of the cylinders and you got it made. You might be able just to remove the rear bolt on the cylinders and rotate it 180 degrees and the lines will be on top.
You did it buddy. You've accomplished what you set out to do. Congrats! :thumbsup:

/ Another FEL Attached Snow Plow Project #88  
Decals!!!!!!!!!!! woof, son, you are a perfectionist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, I used my catch as catch can, use whatcha have, ugly rig today and it works just fine.

Get them hoses up off the ground. when plowing you NEVER know what you are going to hit......... hanging down like that they are BEGGING to get snagged on something.

/ Another FEL Attached Snow Plow Project #89  
You might be able just to remove the rear bolt on the cylinders and rotate it 180 degrees and the lines will be on top.

I was just about to post the same thing. No reason you shouldn't be able to rotate the cylinder 180deg after you remove the rear pivot bolt. There is no way something as simple as this uses a keyed cylinder. For some odd reason that doesn't work, you can flip the whole cyl unit, or swap them one side for the other, but they should spin just fine.

Nice work!:thumbsup: