Price Check Another "fair price" question

/ Another "fair price" question #1  

hardcrab

Tractor
NH TC29, Yanmar YM1500
Another \"fair price\" question

Hello to all- Yet another "is this a fair price" question. Presently I have a Yanmar 1500. Gotten alot of good use out of it, but a little light weight, and I'd like a FEL. Rather than try to upgrade a 30 year old tractor, I started looking for a newer one. A "big" dealer in town has a KL2554 with a Kioti loader on his lot- 60 hours, like new condition. Dont know what year. Tires appear to be Ag tires- Ive seen remarks about "R4" tires- what are they? I realize this is a discontinued model, doesnt have live PTO, and has straight gears, but neither does my Yanmar, and I get along fine with it. Dont think I'd miss what I never had. Anyway, price is $8500.... and he will not budge on it. So.... think this is a decent deal? Sounds like alot of tractor for the money, but I would like other opinions. Thanks in advance-

/ Another "fair price" question #2  
Re: Another \"fair price\" question

60 hours, like new. The price sounds reasonable to me.
R-4 tires are usually much wider than Ag's with a less agressive tread.
Ag tires will have better traction, but R-4 will do less turf damage.

/ Another "fair price" question #3  

DK35vince R4 tires would that be the same as industriel tires just curious thanks in advance cag.

/ Another "fair price" question #4  

R1=Ag tires
R3=Turf tires
R4=Industrial

25HP Gear tractor with loader?........sounds reasonable to me

/ Another "fair price" question #5  

Sounds like a great price for that tractor with loader. Of course, be sure the 50 hour service has been done or will be. The oil should not be dirty/black. Check which oil filter is on it to see if it's a replacement. Does it look like there is no wear on the bucket pivots? Is there grease in the loader connections? Here are some pics of the different tire options.
R1 AG tire John

Attachments

• 400068-agtire.gif
    400068-agtire.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 189
   / Another "fair price" question #6  

R3 Turf

Attachments

• 400070-turftire.gif
    400070-turftire.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 168
   / Another "fair price" question #7  

R4 Industrial

Attachments

• 400073-L_indtire.gif
    400073-L_indtire.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 168
   / Another "fair price" question #8  

Thanks guys for the pics and info /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif cag

/ Another "fair price" question

Thanks for all your input.... think I'll swing by there after work thursday and see if I can join the club.

I suppose the R4 tires are a good compromise between turf and ag.

/ Another "fair price" question #10  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I suppose the R4 tires are a good compromise between turf and ag.)</font> I find them to be so. Although I've never used Turfs, I've read and heard a lot of people that say they get slippage at inopportune times. But then that happens with all tires at some point! Seriously, unless I just go over and over a spot and turn the tires back and forth a lot, I get little damage to my grass. I have one spot that I'm going back and forth through to another property right now and it's pretty compacted, but not torn up. John