angle grinder discs

/ angle grinder discs #41  
Metabo makes a pretty good skinny wheel. I find they last fairly long, especially when you take your time and let them cut.
I'd imagine that's the case with anything - you can go through saw blades, drill bits, etc. pretty fast if you reef 'em down. I have pretty good luck with the HF 3" air cutter discs as well.

/ angle grinder discs #42  
I use few cutoff discs, so the time to do a project means more than saving a dollar or so on the project.

Is there a brand that cuts notably faster?

/ angle grinder discs #43  
I've had no bad luck with the harbor freight cutoff discs, I've gone through many of them... when they go on sale for $5 for 10 discs I stock up a bit, I'm set for several projects at this point...

I saw some were on closeout but it looked like just the 5 packs not the 10 packs... at $.50 a disc I don't worry about using one wrong and ruining it, if you get the feel for things they work fine, if you use just the right pressure and let the grinder do the work it's fine, if you use heavy pressure on a sharp angle they go away quick, if cutting sheet metal you don't want to have the leading edge going to the sharp part of the metal being cut so push instead of pull or vise versa...

/ angle grinder discs #44  
I've had no bad luck with the harbor freight cutoff discs, I've gone through many of them... when they go on sale for $5 for 10 discs I stock up a bit, I'm set for several projects at this point...

I saw some were on closeout but it looked like just the 5 packs not the 10 packs... at $.50 a disc I don't worry about using one wrong and ruining it, if you get the feel for things they work fine, if you use just the right pressure and let the grinder do the work it's fine, if you use heavy pressure on a sharp angle they go away quick, if cutting sheet metal you don't want to have the leading edge going to the sharp part of the metal being cut so push instead of pull or vise versa...
I'd suggest wearing a dust mask during there use.

/ angle grinder discs #46  
Possibly, I know on sheet metal stuff going one way and not the other is harder, unless you just poke through and go there (harder to maintain). I usually just remember as I go, when I notice the wheel just going away super quick I adjust my direction or angle or whatever I can... sometimes it seems like I use the same cutoff wheel forever and others they just go away, for me it usually evens out, anymore when appropriate I pull out the plasma cutter for sheet goods...