And then came the rain................

/ And then came the rain................ #1  

Farmwithjunk

Tractor
Where do I begin.....
Last summer was a dry one here. Fall was even drier. We had very little rain or snow this winter. Jan, Feb, and the first week of March were MUCH drier than "normal". Last saturday, I plowed 8 (+) acres for the corn maize our church does every fall. I was stirring up dust. That's not too common here in March.

And then we get to this past Saturday.

So far, we've had almost 5" of rain. More is in todays forcast. Just a few miles north of here, in Southern Indiana, they've got even more rain. Schools are called off in some areas due to flooding. West of here, it seems that things are even worse. Tornados, and strong straight-line winds did much damage. (Even took a few lives I hear)

I stood out in the monsoon rains all day saturday at a 4H benifit consignment sale. (and bought NOTHING to show for my troubles) (For the record, an umbrella does little to keep you dry when it's raining that hard and the wind is blowing the rain SIDE-WAYS)

How's everyone in the mid-west doing this morning?

/ And then came the rain................ #2  
Peachy! The kittens liked the lightning last night because they could see to hunt lady bugs, which just happened to crawl across the ceiling right over my head while I was in bed. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Also, according to my 8 year old daughter, there are only 67 sheep with different names. At least that was the last count around 1:00 a.m. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm tired! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ And then came the rain................ #3  
One of our dogs hates thunder so my wife was up Saturday most of the night. It stormed heavy most of the weekend. Me, I could sleep through a gun-fight if it was happening in our back yard.

/ And then came the rain................ #4  
A storm hit Lawrence, Ks. at 8 am Sunday morning. I was in Home Depot and they took us to the tornado shelter. It blew a tractor trailer over in the parking lot. It's about 12 miles to my place, when I got home there was hail covering the yard (about quarter size). Some of the surrounding areas had hail 2-1/2" and one report of softball size hail. Lots of wind damage and broken windows. Strange weather!!!

/ And then came the rain................ #5  
Steph woke me up at 4am because of the storm. 50 mph hour winds and 3/4 of an inch of rain, plus thunder and lightning. It was an impressive show!!

There was some Tornado warnings North of us, but so far, I haven't heard if any touched down around here.

Looks like you guys in the midwest got the brunt of it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Eddie

/ And then came the rain................ #6  
In between rains I went out to check on the pond. We keep a dip net on the pier for when you hook a big catfish. The very strong winds had blown the net into the water. So I walked down on the muddy bank to retrieve the net and promptly did a beautiful high kick that would have made a show girl jealous. From drought to flooding, what strange weather. We have had over seven inches of rain in two days.

/ And then came the rain................ #7  
I work just a few miles east of Lawrence, Ks and they were blowing the tornado sirens at 8:00 AM, like Bill said. Later in the day we got golfball to baseball sized hail. Some of our employees had their windshields broken, and my Tundra got some hail dings on the hood and top, but I think most of the really bad stuff went north and east of us..........