...and I didn't see the black helicopter!

/ ...and I didn't see the black helicopter! #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I'm quite rural out here in the desert. The closest house to me is about 1/8 mile, but it's just a part time cabin that is currently unoccupied. The next closest is about 1,000'.

Twice now in the last week, a wifi signal entitled "U.S. Secret Service" has shown up on my list of available networks. Because of my location, I have never seen another network show up. I tried to log on, but it wouldn't let me.

So, are the new helicopters invisible? :eek:

/ ...and I didn't see the black helicopter! #2  
Some people like to give funny names to their wifi. It could even be a mobile hotspot from a cell phone.

/ ...and I didn't see the black helicopter! #3  
A cell phone in a BLACK VAN !

/ ...and I didn't see the black helicopter!
Some people like to give funny names to their wifi. It could even be a mobile hotspot from a cell phone.

It would have to be one heck of a strong phone as I'm 700' from the closest road. Most hot spots only have a 100' range or so.

/ ...and I didn't see the black helicopter! #5  
Check the cellar.

/ ...and I didn't see the black helicopter! #6  
I'm quite rural out here in the desert. The closest house to me is about 1/8 mile, but it's just a part time cabin that is currently unoccupied. The next closest is about 1,000'.

Twice now in the last week, a wifi signal entitled "U.S. Secret Service" has shown up on my list of available networks. Because of my location, I have never seen another network show up. I tried to log on, but it wouldn't let me.

So, are the new helicopters invisible? :eek:

I could be refraction due to thermal inversion. The transmitter could many many miles from you. The record for 2.4Ghz wifi signals is well over 200 miles. Of course this is with high gain antenna's but refracted signals on micro wave frequency's are common.

OR, there could be a SS guy in your basement:D

New Wi-Fi distance record: 382 kilometers - CNET

/ ...and I didn't see the black helicopter! #7  
put the tin foil hat back on, and they will go away....

/ ...and I didn't see the black helicopter! #8  
put the tin foil hat back on, and they will go away....
Especially if you put the tin foil hat on your wi-fi receiver. :laughing:

/ ...and I didn't see the black helicopter! #9  
The Stealth mode isn't supposed to be seen.

/ ...and I didn't see the black helicopter! #10  
Especially if you put the tin foil hat on your wi-fi receiver. :laughing:

You might think I'm crazy. But I'm just crazy fashionable.

DSCF9097.JPG