An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #321  
Many, years ago our governments used to insist on finding the cause of weather they didn’t like, crop failures, rodent infestations…. Their science was able to identify witches practicing witchcraft, and they scientifically proved they were witchs by using scientific methods such as buoyancy tests, etc.. as proof, and executed them all.

Now we have the molecules that are the circle of life, co2, that we’ve renamed a “pollutant”, as the cause of weather.

We never learn

/ An EV??????` #322  
What bugs me the most about this climate change hocus-pocus is they are very selective with who they blame it on. It is usually industry and farmers who get blamed for everything. Society is being taught to bite the hand that feeds it.

Last edited:
   / An EV??????` #323  
OIP.jpeg

/ An EV??????` #325  
When a disaster hits farm land (or other open land) damage is not counted in dollars. If it hits a city expensive things are destroyed, and it takes more dollars now to rebuild. We keep building in dangerous places, like the beach... and clustering together like rats

/ An EV??????` #327  
When a disaster hits farm land (or other open land) damage is not counted in dollars. If it hits a city expensive things are destroyed, and it takes more dollars now to rebuild. We keep building in dangerous places, like the beach... and clustering together like rats
A whole pile of BS there? A lot of farmers carry crop insurance and regularly have losses that without insurance would have thrown them into bankruptcy.

Farms regularly get hit by devistating floods whether it is in the Mississippi valley or Sacramento valley. Sometimes the houses remain just above the water line, sometimes not.

It turns out that Tornadoes and Hurricanes don't care whether your house is in a city or in the middle of nowhere.

Around here most of the large farms are isolated from the forests. But, small farms intrude into forest lands. So far we haven't had any recent urban wildfires, but there are wildfires impacting rural communities. Of course, Boulder Colorado had their fire that swept from rural small farms into the urban areas, leaving damage to both rural and urban homes.

Yes, one gets a lot of damage to more people's homes in urban areas. But rural areas are far from being immune.

Billions of dollars are regularly spent fighting forest fires deep in the forests. Are trees "farmed"? Using best practices?

There is even a risk of wilderness fires escaping the wilderness.

/ An EV??????` #328  
Lightning doesn't seem to care, either, striking where it feels like.

Supposedly lightning was the leading cause of death around here, which kinda makes sense since there can be plenty during the monsoon season when many are out working on fences.

But I still think more people got shot, although the authorities didn't necessarily know about it, and I can only imagine what it might be like in the very rural areas that some claim to live in.

Basically, I suspect that shootings just didn't get reported like lightning strikes do. And these days we have drugs to claim the top spot for deaths.

/ An EV??????` #329  
A whole pile of BS there? A lot of farmers carry crop insurance and regularly have losses that without insurance would have thrown them into bankruptcy.

Farms regularly get hit by devistating floods whether it is in the Mississippi valley or Sacramento valley. Sometimes the houses remain just above the water line, sometimes not.

It turns out that Tornadoes and Hurricanes don't care whether your house is in a city or in the middle of nowhere.

Around here most of the large farms are isolated from the forests. But, small farms intrude into forest lands. So far we haven't had any recent urban wildfires, but there are wildfires impacting rural communities. Of course, Boulder Colorado had their fire that swept from rural small farms into the urban areas, leaving damage to both rural and urban homes.

Yes, one gets a lot of damage to more people's homes in urban areas. But rural areas are far from being immune.

Billions of dollars are regularly spent fighting forest fires deep in the forests. Are trees "farmed"? Using best practices?

There is even a risk of wilderness fires escaping the wilderness.
I totally agree. Farmers have to deal with weather events same as everybody else. Just like they have been doing for hundreds of years.

/ An EV??????` #330  
Lightning doesn't seem to care, either, striking where it feels like.

Supposedly lightning was the leading cause of death around here, which kinda makes sense since there can be plenty during the monsoon season when many are out working on fences.

I did have a childhood acquaintance that was killed by lightning. Pretty sad story.

I've taken shelter under a tree during a thunder storm when camping before. Now it makes one wonder where the best place to take cover would be. Look for the smallest tree in the forest?

Status
Not open for further replies.