An easier way to refuel your tractor

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #191  
Exactly...should it be harder than this?

TXCOMT

you would play heck trying to fuel 4 of my tractors in this manner - one fuels having to use a 6 foot ladder to get on top of hood, another from the rear of the tractor and behind the cab and it takes an 6-8 foot ladder to get up there while balancing on the ladder and tire due to its location for the spout so you have to pour it suspended, another fuels from the rear at shoulder height and the other at waist level behind the seat so c'mon over rockstars you can do all my fueling with your 5 gallon can for me anytime and i will humbly watch since its tough and my 80y/o dad cant do it either - we will gladly cheer you on!!! ;-)

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #192  
I made one with an inexpensive universal 12 volt fuel pump, battery, hoses. To make it easier you could find a convenient place to mount one on a tractor, each hose the right length coiled up out of the way, plugged when not used keep dirt out.
Wired to battery through a switch. 20190508_203746.jpg

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #193  
Shared it before but this might work for some of you, you can get one on Amazon for just under $20 it is for diesel or oil empties a 5 gallon can in just under a minute with can on ground and my fuel inlet is between 5 and 6 ft from ground. I just connect it to a ground and the hot on starter because that is the handiest on my tractor.pump.jpeg

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #194  
Just an update remembered to time how long it takes with my pump 4 1/2 minutes for 5 gal not real fast but not bad.0905191455.jpeg0905191453.jpeg

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #195  
This is my 15 gallon storage and pump station. 3 different pumps, the orange one is my favorite. My fill is on the side and can be filled standing on the ground.

Photo May 30, 3 06 16 PM.jpg

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #196  
As you can see in picture mine is on top almost eye level I'm 6'3"

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #197  
This is my 15 gallon storage and pump station. 3 different pumps, the orange one is my favorite. My fill is on the side and can be filled standing on the ground.

View attachment 620182

I have the same 5gal yellow one on the right same as you. And a red one for gas. Two modifications though. Added a vent plug just rear of the top handle for better flow, and removed (cut off) the 'safety' ratcheting mechanism that makes it a nuisance to remove the spout for refilling.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #198  

View attachment 620182

I also have the exact same 5 gallon yellow jug on the far right. It is such a pain in the ***, lol! Pushing down that darn green button to dispense the gas while holding the jug 6 feet in the air is a pain.

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #199  
I also have the exact same 5 gallon yellow jug on the far right. It is such a pain in the ***, lol! Pushing down that darn green button to dispense the gas while holding the jug 6 feet in the air is a pain.
That's why I got the little pump in my pics just stick the hose in connect the leads pit other end in tank and turn it on

/ An easier way to refuel your tractor #200  
Any volunteers to put over 40 gallons in this one, never could figure out why Deere thought it was a good idea to put the fuel tanks so high and difficult to reach.
JD fuel.jpg
Climb up the steps, then reach out with your foot for the top of the tire, then stand on the axle while putting in 30-40 gallons, and of course the engine and radiator is nice and warm too. :laughing: