am I getting the runaround?

/ am I getting the runaround? #1  

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
My tnt has had a drooping right cylinder since I got it. Back several times to the dealer, under warranty, and
no solution, told they all do to some extent.

I don't get it. With a heavy mower on the back, the right side drops over three inches within a half hour.
How can that be considered within normal operating parameters? I can see overnight, but shouldn't you be able to set your
hydraulics at a certain point and have them stay there, perhaps for quite a while?

here's what the dealer wrote:

I called again the manufacturer of the lift link cylinder and confirmed
that there isn't a check valve of any type on this cylinder. The leakage you are experiencing
on that cylinder happens in the tractor valve. Kubota told me earlier that all remote valves
leak down over time, some a little faster that others.

There is a type of check/safety valve on the top link cylinder to allow breakaway under
too much force.

Ok, so how much time is "over time"? How much drop would you all put up with over what length
of time and consider it reasonable? This seems dysfunctional here, an attachment piston that will not hold its position.
Suggestions? many thanks

Attachments

• P1020122.jpg
    P1020122.jpg
    890.6 KB · Views: 258
   / am I getting the runaround? #2  
I do not notice any leak down when I am using my TNT but the right cylinder will drop after sitting 3 or 4 days. Sorry not much help good luck.

/ am I getting the runaround? #3  
This is not normal or acceptable. I would tell my dealer that.

/ am I getting the runaround? #4  
Mine also drops over time but not that fast, I am having the Shop Foreman check with Kubota on "allowable limits".

/ am I getting the runaround? #5  
If this is on a remote set-up with quick disconnects and the top cylinder doesn't seem to be leaking down I would switch the connections. If the problem switches to the top cylinder it is in the valve section, if not then I'd say it was in the cylinder.

Brian

/ am I getting the runaround? #6  
My tnt has had a drooping right cylinder since I got it. Back several times to the dealer, under warranty, and
no solution, told they all do to some extent.

I don't get it. With a heavy mower on the back, the right side drops over three inches within a half hour.
How can that be considered within normal operating parameters? I can see overnight, but shouldn't you be able to set your
hydraulics at a certain point and have them stay there, perhaps for quite a while?

here's what the dealer wrote:

I called again the manufacturer of the lift link cylinder and confirmed
that there isn't a check valve of any type on this cylinder. The leakage you are experiencing
on that cylinder happens in the tractor valve. Kubota told me earlier that all remote valves
leak down over time, some a little faster that others.

There is a type of check/safety valve on the top link cylinder to allow breakaway under
too much force.

Ok, so how much time is "over time"? How much drop would you all put up with over what length
of time and consider it reasonable? This seems dysfunctional here, an attachment piston that will not hold its position.
Suggestions? many thanks

Welcome to the land of TNT. My first excursion into the TNT world was the same as yours. Then on the advise of an experienced hydraulics repair person I switched to a side link and top link with pilot valves.

Stays where put. Every-time I recommend pilot valves on a top or side link I get flamed with super charged flame throwers.

If you want the top and side links to stay, where set, call and talk to the people at Haytool about TNT cylinders with pilot valves for your tractor. Hydraulic top links, Top-N-Tilt, Side link cylinders

/ am I getting the runaround?
thanks guys. I will do the switch around and see if that helps, though it shouldn't...
And Gator, yeah, they are so proud of their anti creep valve they put it right up front.
Maybe where it belongs. Hmmmm.

Since I mostly mow, and only play with the box blade, this is not a critical issue for me.
Just hard to believe something should just flop out of position. Wondered if I should weld a chain and hook
somewhere to back up the cylinder.

I got the tractor back today, and the tnt will come off and sit on the box blade.
until I or some other dealer figure out how to make it work right without acting like a drawer pull.

/ am I getting the runaround? #8  
thanks guys. I will do the switch around and see if that helps, though it shouldn't...
And Gator, yeah, they are so proud of their anti creep valve they put it right up front.
Maybe where it belongs. Hmmmm.u

Since I mostly mow, and only play with the box blade, this is not a critical issue for me.
Just hard to believe something should just flop out of position. Wondered if I should weld a chain and hook
somewhere to back up the cylinder.

I got the tractor back today, and the tnt will come off and sit on the box blade.
until I or some other dealer figure out how to make it work right without acting like a drawer pull.

Good luck with another dealer. Top and Side links with pilot valves are the only correction I have found.

/ am I getting the runaround? #9  
Welcome to the land of TNT. My first excursion into the TNT world was the same as yours. Then on the advise of an experienced hydraulics repair person I switched to a side link and top link with pilot valves.

Stays where put. Every-time I recommend pilot valves on a top or side link I get flamed with super charged flame throwers.
You sure won't get flamed by me for recommending check valves. I highly recommend them.
I tried top and tilt cylinders without the check valves and they never stayed where I put them. Constantly readjusting them because of leak down..
I switched to top and tilt cylinders with check valves 10 years ago and they never leak down. They stay where I put them.

Last edited:
   / am I getting the runaround? #10  
hydraulics
your dealer apparently does not do hydraulic work. your hyd's should not bleed down if it is new. I would say several years or multiple hours of working conditions possible that is will leak down.
internal hydraulic cylinders are like a piston in your vehicle, it wears over time. external cylinders either leak down by leaking externally or by passing the internal seal of the piston to the opposite side of the piston causing the stroke of the piston and rod not to extend fully. If you are connected to a hyd remote on your tractor and you are leaking down, possible the remote is defective or the valve is not seating properly.