Alternative to Backhoe Bucket?

/ Alternative to Backhoe Bucket? #1  

Latimer1776

Tractor
Mahindra 2638
Are there alternatives to backhoe buckets? I'm searching for a boom mower and the idea has crossed my mind that it almost seems easier to go by a mulching head or sickle bar and then run a hydraulics line down my backhoe.
Does any company provide alternatives such as post hold diggers or other types of attachments for backhoe arms, the way that front end loaders have dozens of attachments? Or does everyone just build everything to run from the PTO and 3 point hitch?

/ Alternative to Backhoe Bucket? #2  
Unlike 3point implements and skid steer quick attach for the front loader bucket there’s little to no standard for backhoe and excavator hookups. Backhoes don’t typically have auxiliary hydraulics either which further limits the potential.

/ Alternative to Backhoe Bucket? #3  
Recently bought an ATI adapter that fits the backhoe to skidsteer attachments. Have a few building maintenance issues I can’t reach using a fork lift type man basket on the FEL. Two person job either way.

Auger attachment would be easy.

Boom pole. Often use backhoe for lifting and placing.

Hydraulic pole saw maybe?

Grapple maybe. There are a few places I would like to reach and pluck out some Russian olive with the Intimdator.

Mowing with a backhoe? Probably not. Mini X maybe.

/ Alternative to Backhoe Bucket? #4  
There are tons of attachments for mini-x's because they tend to have more hydraulic flow and more versatility than a BH. You won't get much side reach trying to flail mow a ditch on a BH without your riggers down.

/ Alternative to Backhoe Bucket?
I probably should have made sure I was clear that this is a backhoe attachment on a tractor, and not a backhoe machine. Either way it holds true that I would have to be careful of balance issues.
What I have found are attachments like the Machio Gaspardo brand, or the Bush Hog boom mowers. The sickle mower from BH, for instance, appears to be about 20k, and I havent had any luck finding used.

Just seems it would be so much easier to get a standard sickle and use the arm/boom I already have. Obviously, adjustments needed and the reach isnt as good, but it might get the job done.

/ Alternative to Backhoe Bucket? #6  
Are there alternatives to backhoe buckets? I'm searching for a boom mower and the idea has crossed my mind that it almost seems easier to go by a mulching head or sickle bar and then run a hydraulics line down my backhoe.
Does any company provide alternatives such as post hold diggers or other types of attachments for backhoe arms, the way that front end loaders have dozens of attachments? Or does everyone just build everything to run from the PTO and 3 point hitch?

/ Alternative to Backhoe Bucket? #7  
I welded some tusks on my backhoe thumb:

PXL_20220731_233606203.MP.jpg PXL_20220730_232944544.jpg

And now I have a grapple:

20220802_161042.jpg PXL_20221114_203221287.jpg