3-Point Hitch Air in hydraulic line kubota L345

/ Air in hydraulic line kubota L345 #1  

carlubu1

Tractor
Kubota L345
I removed a rear hydraulic control unit from my kubota L345 and put a hose connecting the two ports where the unit was connected to the hydraulic pump on the tractor. This worked fine for a while, but now I am constantly having to disconnect one end of the hose to bleed out air. Is it possible to just plug the two ports? Would this eliminate the problem? Screenshot (5).png

/ Air in hydraulic line kubota L345 #2  
I can't see from the pic, but if this is a take off point in the main pressure line for a remote or other (eg. FEL), and it continues to the 3pt, then no, you can't cap it. You can replace the block with a special blank one with cutout/channel underneath joining the 2 ports together. If you are experiencing an issue with the 3pt or other due to air in fluid or fluid starvation, ensure your oil filter/strainer is clear and you have sufficient oil in the system.

/ Air in hydraulic line kubota L345 #3  
I removed a rear hydraulic control unit from my kubota L345 and put a hose connecting the two ports where the unit was connected to the hydraulic pump on the tractor. This worked fine for a while, but now I am constantly having to disconnect one end of the hose to bleed out air. Is it possible to just plug the two ports? Would this eliminate the problem?View attachment 566950
That aluminum block is an aftermarket take-off point for hydraulic flow. Blocking the ports will shut off flow to the 3 point lift. Originally there was a 4-bolt cap there that connected the two ports.

I think the air is getting in somewhere else. Check the hose and clamps above the filter. A restricted screen can pull air in at a loose clamp.

/ Air in hydraulic line kubota L345 #4  
Air isnt going to leak into a pressure line. Oil would be spraying out a leak. The only place air would be getting in would be the suction side of the pump. Check your suction hose for cracks & leaks. The strainer in the tank could be clogged too.

/ Air in hydraulic line kubota L345
Thanks, I will check it out. Maybe I can find the block without the ports somewhere.

/ Air in hydraulic line kubota L345 #6  
The original "oil cover" you're after is 35300-36720. There's one on the bay here at the moment.

Attachments

• L345 oil cap.jpg
    L345 oil cap.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
   / Air in hydraulic line kubota L345
I have ordered the oil cover. I discovered the hose near the filter was loose, I replaced the clamps on it after cleaning the filter, bled the lines and the lift arms went up fine. But now, they won't go back down????

/ Air in hydraulic line kubota L345 #8  
Anti-clockwise on the lowering speed knob and a little weight on the arms.