Advise on Gravely snow blower

/ Advise on Gravely snow blower #1  

Rat Rod Mac

Silver Member
I have a Gravely 38" snow blower that I no longer need and am thinking about moving it. It attaches to the front of the Gravely garden tractor not the walk behind models. Looking to get a rough idea of what it's worth before I list it on Craig's list. I don't know how to post pictures, but it is flat like new. No rust and in really good condition. Anyone have an idea what a decent starting price would be for this. Thanks in advance. RRM

/ Advise on Gravely snow blower #2  
When trying to price something I will check eBay regularly for an identical item that is listed as one price point and hopefully one will show up once the Sold filter is checked. Listed prices can be way off, but hard to argue with a sold price. Another source is a brief item description in Images.google.com that can find more price points.

/ Advise on Gravely snow blower #3  
that is an antique, and who can buy a Gravely tractor?. they haven't been made for decades!. you'd have to luck out on a collector.. or someone willing to invest in converting it to a modern garden tractor.. I saw one of these blowers trying to be sold for $389

/ Advise on Gravely snow blower #4  
Radio1’s points are valid and would indicate a potential greater audience listing on eBay, but balance that against the % eBay gets and the hassle of shipping. I would figure the lowest price I would accept and list it on Craigslist $100 over that until I got a bite. If the condition really is almost NOS you probably would want to advertise it on tractor enthusiast forums first as collectors value good original condition. This guy wants $425 for this snowblower (is this your model?). Suggest getting good photos to post online if you really want to sell it. This thread would be a great start to practice on.

/ Advise on Gravely snow blower #5  
JamesHW, no best offer was made on that, and it's been on sale since at least January, where he made price reductions on the buy it now price, and also, no one has made an offer since, either!.. what an actual sale price is, is what matters..

/ Advise on Gravely snow blower
No that is not mine, but it is the same model as mine. Mine looks new. You're right, Craig's List may be the way to go since it's more local. RRM

/ Advise on Gravely snow blower #7  
Hello - I sold one on craigslist appx 1 yr. ago, It was 32" wide (model 833007). Was 12 yrs. old but in fantastic shape - only used twice in all that time. It was for the 2 wheel walk behind model. I asked $1250.00 and took $1200.00 for it. Took me about 2 months to sell it. If I were you-I would sell on craigslist and post photos and also the model #. Also helps to indicate what models of Gravely it fits. Stick to your guns - there's not many out here in great shape! DSCN0867.JPG

/ Advise on Gravely snow blower #8  
Hello - I sold one on craigslist appx 1 yr. ago, It was 32" wide (model 833007). Was 12 yrs. old but in fantastic shape - only used twice in all that time. It was for the 2 wheel walk behind model. I asked $1250.00 and took $1200.00 for it. Took me about 2 months to sell it. If I were you-I would sell on craigslist and post photos and also the model #. Also helps to indicate what models of Gravely it fits. Stick to your guns - there's not many out here in great shape!View attachment 568521
they still make the walk behinds, Gravely has not made tractors for decades..

/ Advise on Gravely snow blower #9  

Just trying to help. The blower I sold would not fit any walk-behinds made after 2006. Mine was mounted on my 28 year old Pro - 10 and the guy who bought the blower was going to use it on a 32 year old Pro model gravely. Maybe someone smarter than I could advise when Gravely stopped making the riding tractors - and I have to believe there are still people out there who have either well kept or refurbished Gravely riding tractors that would appreciate a blower in great shape.

/ Advise on Gravely snow blower #10  

Other than the Gravely sticker on them, the "walk behinds" that they make today bear very little resemblance to the walk behinds of yesteryear. Yes, they have interchangeable attachments, but the current attachments will not work on the older tractors.

To the OP - is this your ad? Selling a 38" Gravely Snow Blower - farm & garden - by owner - sale If so, you might want to think about mentioning in your ad about the other tractors like yours that are also currently listed on CL. For under $1000 ($500 for a tractor, $400 for the blower), someone could have a great Ride On snow removal machine.