Price Check advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #11  
Who on earth does that anyway?

The hydrostatic models I tried had rubber lines instead of steel. The steering problem is well documented, just trying to help someone with their questions with what I know or have observed. Sorry if it is offensive to you

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #12  
The models that we tried were the 1635, 1642 and 1652. All were hydrostatic as one of our major uses is loader work and this transmission works well for us and as far as sitting still when turning steering wheel almost every gosh durn day

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #13  
My two cents. Go with the Kioti and don't turn back. I will say that I would get the geared transmission over the HST if you are gonna work it hard. The HST tranny is ok for a lot of tasks but not all. Why be limited in what you can do with the tractor? The MF is a good tractor. If you go and look at them, clearly the Kioti is a much heavier made machine and you get more bang for your buck.

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #14  
The models that we tried were the 1635, 1642 and 1652. All were hydrostatic as one of our major uses is loader work and this transmission works well for us and as far as sitting still when turning steering wheel almost every gosh durn day

Obviously you have never used an older pre power steering tractor? If so, you would not be in the habit of turning the wheels with a loaded bucket while sitting still.

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #15  
My two cents. Go with the Kioti and don't turn back. I will say that I would get the geared transmission over the HST if you are gonna work it hard. The HST tranny is ok for a lot of tasks but not all. Why be limited in what you can do with the tractor? The MF is a good tractor. If you go and look at them, clearly the Kioti is a much heavier made machine and you get more bang for your buck.

I think he said it's the DynaQPS Trans not an HST. They are two different transmissions. As for the DynaQPS Trans it's a great trans for your Dad with the bad legs an all. I have the 1648 and have used it to bush hog, grade driveway and many other things around the farm. So far I have not had any issues with my tractor.

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #16  
Obviously you have never used an older pre power steering tractor? If so, you would not be in the habit of turning the wheels with a loaded bucket while sitting still.

Heck, even my 1967 has Power Steering. Don't leave Home without it.

Attachments

• 2013_0726MasseyStart0001.jpg
    2013_0726MasseyStart0001.jpg
    853.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 2013_0726MasseyStart0002.jpg
    2013_0726MasseyStart0002.jpg
    638.1 KB · Views: 88
   / advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #17  
A tractor/loader without power steering is like a day without sunshine.:laughing:

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #18  
Just bought a 1660 Dyna QPS. Very intuitive and easy to drive, safely. My wife and daughters were running it after a 45 minute walk around with me.

I have shopped for almost two years looking at MF, Kubota, Kioti, Blue Kioti (Landini), JD, LS and others. MF certainly had the best hyraulic flow of all of them at lower RPMs, that's well documented in most articles you read so no surprise there. I just moved 40 yards of dirt while home, and my 1660 has Ag tires, and I didn't notice any stiffness in the steering at all. Perhaps my wife's concern over the big gaping hole I was digging in the lawn while moving the steering wheel before beginning to move distracted me but I don't remember ever experiencing stiffness in the steering.

Kioti had more lift power on their FEL on lower HP models than most others (except Landini, which has a different loader than Kioti but lists comparable numbers for lift / breakout etc). Landini is exactly the same tractor as the Kioti, and if you aren't faithful to colours it's on average 10% cheaper than the identical Kioti model. I have both dealers close to me so the decision for me would have been easy.

The 120 loader is a strong loader, moving up to the 130 on the larger 1600 series of tractors comes with more lifting capacity.

From what I was able to tell from simply playing around in the dirt piles of several different dealers, as far as HP to weight ratios in comparable tractors (loaded rears, no implements attached etc) for me it boiled down to the four, MF, Landini, LS and Kioti. If it wasn't the MF it would have been the Landini, nothing wrong with a baby blue tractor.

Oh, and my old 135 doesn't have power steering, but it doesn't have a loader either. Never had a problem with it, power steering is necessary with a loader of course, can't say as I really missed it in anything we have used the 135 for in the last 15 or so years.