Price Check advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #1  

bebop86

Bronze Member
looking to get a new tractor for my dad in NH-was all set to get the kioti DK50 hst cab with loader for $28,300 - He just called and found a 2013 1648 DynaQPS Trans with 95 hrs cab for $28500 and also a 2011 1660 cab hydro trans with 500 hrs for $30,000= do not know much about the MF models but he loves them- since he is older with bad legs will the Dyna tranny be a problem- why is the MF better than the kioti and are either of these MF prices seem good to you experts- thanks so much for the advice

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab
anyone ??

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #3  
At the risk of sounding biased, why not buy the new Kioti with the new warranty for less money?

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #4  
why is the MF better than the kioti ??? Who say's that? I think Kioti is they new big player in the making like Kubota was 30 years ago.

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #5  
Massey uses rubber hoses underneath rather than steel lines so if working in woods could be a problem and price for used seems a little high. When purchasing a new tractor Massey Kioti and Kubota were my top three narrowed it down to Massey and Kubota and purchased Kubota after lots of reading. Remember if you buy it in one state and ship it to another who will take care of it

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #6  
The Massey is also hard to turn steering wheel when loader bucket is heavy and machine is sitting still. Good luck in your decision

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #7  
Probably you can get a bit more off the MF's, I'm sure they have some room. What's the tractor going to be used for? Lots of loader work is where the HST will shine. Ground work or moving wagons is better with some sort of gear system.
If your Dad really likes Red tractors and has a good dealer nearby, you might save yourself some flak if the tractor has some issues, he might be more patient if its the right colour.

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #9  
Massey uses rubber hoses underneath rather than steel lines so if working in woods could be a problem and price for used seems a little high. When purchasing a new tractor Massey Kioti and Kubota were my top three narrowed it down to Massey and Kubota and purchased Kubota after lots of reading. Remember if you buy it in one state and ship it to another who will take care of it

What rubber hoses? The lines that run under the power shuttle are steel!!

/ advice needed between used 1648/1660 or new Kioti dk 50se cab #10  
The Massey is also hard to turn steering wheel when loader bucket is heavy and machine is sitting still. Good luck in your decision

Who on earth does that anyway?