Adult hand brush cutter?????

/ Adult hand brush cutter????? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I have brush cutters I use sometimes but every one bends like they're made for kids.
The last ones made in USA, still no good. Does anyone know of decent ones? Thanks
I cut brush like this, too large and hilly for a weedeater. 20180710_194344.jpeg20180710_194350.jpeg20180710_194451.jpeg20180710_194557.jpeg

/ Adult hand brush cutter????? #2  
The only one I’ve seen work is the sickle style.

/ Adult hand brush cutter????? #3  
Just my 2 cents but but those cutters are and get tiring after a few minutes but when I was growing up my Dad made me cut areas like that with a sythe that you would mow hay with. It worked ok just have to keep it sharp and he told me it was to get my exercise.

/ Adult hand brush cutter????? #4  
Looks like there is more than just grass and weeds in that area. A few larger rocks and possibly a stump. I wouldn't want to use a sling blade, or a scythe in there in though the scythe would give you more control, but maintaining that keen cutting edge is paramount so have to avoid the obstacles

/ Adult hand brush cutter????? #5  
I realize you said HAND brush cutter, but:

I really like my Stihl Kombi with the Power Scythe attachment for brushy areas. The primary reason I bought it was to avoid getting poison ivy. When using a string trimmer it often makes it look like I got into a fight with a salad shooter. Some areas have poison ivy and that doesn't turn out very well. Withe the Power Scythe, the cut material simply falls over and is no problem.

It will cut material the size of my thumb with ease. It isn't a "one trimmer dopes all" tool, but prefers tall, thicker, woody stemmed weeds rather than lawn grass. I tried using it for general trimming but it doesn't do nearly as well as a string trimmer. Once or twice a year I go all along the fence row and around to the different trees in the yard to cut small limbs that rub the tractor cab.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/kombisystem-attachments/fhkm145pwr/

/ Adult hand brush cutter????? #6  
   / Adult hand brush cutter????? #7  
Make your own! Buy a 12pc package of mower knife sections at TSC. Bolt 4 or 5 of them to a piece of angle iron, weld up a frame and make a handle out of some schedule 40 pipe.

/ Adult hand brush cutter????? #8  
May not work for you but goats? I do think Randy is correct, not a place for high speed metal. Or rabbits.

/ Adult hand brush cutter?????
I realize you said HAND brush cutter, but:

I really like my Stihl Kombi with the Power Scythe attachment for brushy areas. The primary reason I bought it was to avoid getting poison ivy. When using a string trimmer it often makes it look like I got into a fight with a salad shooter. Some areas have poison ivy and that doesn't turn out very well. Withe the Power Scythe, the cut material simply falls over and is no problem.

It will cut material the size of my thumb with ease. It isn't a "one trimmer dopes all" tool, but prefers tall, thicker, woody stemmed weeds rather than lawn grass. I tried using it for general trimming but it doesn't do nearly as well as a string trimmer. Once or twice a year I go all along the fence row and around to the different trees in the yard to cut small limbs that rub the tractor cab.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/kombisystem-attachments/fhkm145pwr/
I have one of those but this stuff is too large. I'm careful not to hit a tree stump or rock. They're kept sharp, I straighten them every few minutes, when they break I can get a free replacement.
I thought about fabricating my own using a lawn mower blade and 1/4" steel.

/ Adult hand brush cutter?????
Thanks...that's what I'll probably do.
Make your own! Buy a 12pc package of mower knife sections at TSC. Bolt 4 or 5 of them to a piece of angle iron, weld up a frame and make a handle out of some schedule 40 pipe.