Additional lighting / adapter rK24

/ Additional lighting / adapter rK24 #1  

coastie15078

Bronze Member
Tractor
RK24
Has anyone put additional lighting on their RK24. I to put additional light on ROPS, using an LED light and the power outlet on the right side....I was going to call it a cigarette lighter, but thats not what it is used for.....anyway, I was really trying to avoid running wires from batter, putting on switch, etc, to give me extra light for the back end. I am using my RK 24 with a rear blade for snow and wanted to get a little more light back there beside the small round light that it comes with?

Thanks
mike

/ Additional lighting / adapter rK24 #2  
You'll want to verify that the power outlet can supply sufficient amperage to run your light(s). Otherwise it should work.

I think you will eventually want to do a more permanent installation. If you have a wiring diagram, check to see if there are accessory or unused lighting leads. Some of the compact tractors have a lead that is intended for the hazard light required in other markets. If that is present on the RK24 you can simply tap into it instead of pulling power from the battery.

/ Additional lighting / adapter rK24
Thank you, I was just reading post and I came across one it looks like it may be from a RK Tech, and it states to go from the batter, with an inline fuse, and the relay and a switch. Kinda of wish i thought of this during the summer. I hate being out there in the cold.

/ Additional lighting / adapter rK24 #4  
I know what you mean about the cold! Unfortunately it ends up that way sometimes.

You can buy a kit on Amazon that has the switch, fuse and relay all included. I just bought one for my Ford, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. I'm still trying to figure out the best place to mount some forward facing lights so I can see around the loader and still keep them safe from tree limbs. It would be nice to be able to actually see what I'm doing when it's dark, especially now that it is dark by the time I get home.