Adding a Gun Mount

/ Adding a Gun Mount #21  
I've always wanted one of these on our "soccer mom" minivan...

When quoting me why did you change the picture I used?

Would something like this suffice?
50CalM2MachinegunSoftmount2.jpg

/ Adding a Gun Mount #22  
IMG_20150309_173557278_HDR%20Large_zpsck4uudyk.jpg

IMG_20150319_120639256%20Large_zps5xymjhxo.jpg

IMG_20150309_173913123%20Large_zpsp3hfqdvc.jpg

/ Adding a Gun Mount #23  
I've been thinking I'd like to mount this on the front of my tractor.
800px-TAT-102A_Schematic.jpg
Problem is, I can't raise or lower the FEL without hitting the barrels, and the ammo storage system limits my ground clearance something terrible.

/ Adding a Gun Mount #24  
I've been thinking I'd like to mount this on the front of my tractor.
View attachment 420260
Problem is, I can't raise or lower the FEL without hitting the barrels, and the ammo storage system limits my ground clearance something terrible.

All you need is a taller tractor.

John-Deere-R4038-Rear.jpg

Bruce

/ Adding a Gun Mount #25  
And, if you go with that particular brand, you could name it the "DeereSlayer" :D

/ Adding a Gun Mount #27  
I carry a bolt, 22 mag with a scope mounted. I put it in a padded, soft, zippered rifle sleeve on a Hesston 90 100. On a Kubota 3710 I have a rifle mount in the loader cross bar just above the dash board. Coy dogs donchaknow.....

/ Adding a Gun Mount #28  
I prefer a holster. Goes with me everywhere. On the farm, a walther p22 in a fobus paddle holster all the time. Got about a dozen coons in/around the barn last summer, and a few possum. Otherwise, there's a glock 26 9mm in my pocket the rest of the time its legal.

I like the 22 around the farm, won't go thru the other side of the barn like the 9mm will. Ask me how I know.

/ Adding a Gun Mount #29  
Biggest problem in my area is copperheads... and if the firearm is on the tractor, and I am not, well it's not really doing me much good.
Yes the holster can be a big PITA, but so is getting bit by a copperhead.

I keep a Judge with 3 inch barrel, with .410 shot shells 3 of them, then 2, 45 long colt for critters that are a bit larger.
I don't intend to make a 50 yard shot, however if a yote is getting closer than 50 yards, those long colts will do him in without an issue.

/ Adding a Gun Mount #30  
Judge is a great tractor gun. I would like to have one, for exactly the reasons you point out. 410 or .45, mix n match for most any situation.