Added tool box and external 3 point hitch control to TYM T554

/ Added tool box and external 3 point hitch control to TYM T554 #1  

gregjenny9502

Tractor
IH 656 / AC WD / TYM T554HST cab
IMG_1450.jpg

I did a few things to my TYM T554 this week. First was the tool box add. Got the idea from Dal Franco. 50 caliber metal ammo box from harbor freight. Used the existing hole in the loader mount bracket. Found some pieces from the scrap pile. I have no idea where they came from but the bracket is 3/8 inch steel bent at a 90 degree angle with a whole already in it - lucky. I welded a piece of flat plate metal to the 3/8 inch steel bracket. It was not very thick. I pained the new bracket flat black. I drilled 4 holes through the bottom of the ammo can and the plate metal for attachment. I then used a bolt to attach my bracket to the loader arm. Then I attached the ammo can to the bracket with 4 bolts. I attached pictures to hopefully help someone else to see how I did this. I also added an additional 3 point hitch control lever on the outside of the cab. I used pictures of the factory ones on the newer tractors to come up with ideas on how to make my own. I again used scrap metal I had lieing around. These pieces I believe were from a garage door opener I took down. I hooked a straight piece of metal to the bottom of the lever that operates the three point hitch from the cab. (This lever protrudes through the cab and comes out above the rear axle. There is a small cotter pin that connects this lever. There was room to add another lever to that rod so I pulled the cotter pin, attached my new piece and put the cotter pin back. I attached a pivot point to the back top axle bolt and attached my new lever there. It is not as good as factory but it works to make 3 point hitch hookups easier. I attached pictures. I could not get the video of the three point hitch lever working to upload.
IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1454.jpg
    IMG_1454.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
   / Added tool box and external 3 point hitch control to TYM T554 #2  
Good job!

I added one to my ROPS tractor too and it's just so handy even on a ROPS tractor that I can't imagine having a cab tractor and no external 3 pt control.

/ Added tool box and external 3 point hitch control to TYM T554 #3  
Well done. (y)

/ Added tool box and external 3 point hitch control to TYM T554 #4  
Excellent work!