Added Grapple to bucket

/ Added Grapple to bucket #1  

setxjeff

Silver Member
Tractor
1951 IH cub, International 254 and 1538 Mahindra Towable Backhoe
Added grapple and tooth bar to bucket. Love it for small clean-up, still put full size grapple on for brush piles.
Grapple from Green Machine The Thumb They call it the Thumb. Tooth bar from titan implements. IMG_0737.JPGIMG_0738.JPG

/ Added Grapple to bucket #2  
Very handy and useful set up that you have added :thumbsup: I bet you find it way more capable than you originally thought and will enjoy the added versatility off having both a bucket and a grapple.

gg

/ Added Grapple to bucket #3  
I have the same exact set-up for my L4240 Kubota;best investment for the tractor ever.

/ Added Grapple to bucket #4  
I have one on my little GC1720 and love it!

/ Added Grapple to bucket #5  
Here is the one I put together for around $500.00 bucket and all.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 665
   / Added Grapple to bucket #6  
Looks great. I have one of the Green Machine The Thumb on my Kubota bucket. It works great and is very handy.

/ Added Grapple to bucket #7  
Thanks for posting this setxjeff!

I've lusted after a grapple or a thumb since the day I bought my tractor over a year and a half ago. Just couldn't bring myself to spend the kind of money a full grapple costs, plus didn't like the idea of having it permanently attached to the bucket.

After a couple of emails to Green Machine, I ordered the 24" model today and plan to build mounts for both my bucket and my forks. The fork frame will require some modification but the plan is to arrange things so it will bolt to either device in a few minutes.

I expect it'll get used most on the forks for handling firewood logs, but it will be nice to be able to swap it to the bucket if needed or just take it off completely.

As a cost-savings measure, I won't be adding a third function to the loader joystick (Holy COW they're expensive!) but will run hoses from the rear remote and use the separate valve in the cab.

I'll document the process and post pictures. The thumb was $467 including shipping, I should be able to get this done for under $700 including steel and hoses.

/ Added Grapple to bucket #8  
Thanks for posting this setxjeff!

I've lusted after a grapple or a thumb since the day I bought my tractor over a year and a half ago. Just couldn't bring myself to spend the kind of money a full grapple costs, plus didn't like the idea of having it permanently attached to the bucket.

After a couple of emails to Green Machine, I ordered the 24" model today and plan to build mounts for both my bucket and my forks. The fork frame will require some modification but the plan is to arrange things so it will bolt to either device in a few minutes.

I expect it'll get used most on the forks for handling firewood logs, but it will be nice to be able to swap it to the bucket if needed or just take it off completely.

As a cost-savings measure, I won't be adding a third function to the loader joystick (Holy COW they're expensive!) but will run hoses from the rear remote and use the separate valve in the cab.

I'll document the process and post pictures. The thumb was $467 including shipping, I should be able to get this done for under $700 including steel and hoses.

That's how I did mine to use on forks or bucket.

/ Added Grapple to bucket #9  
The thumb grapple seems relatively inexpensive as an alternative to purchasing a full out grapple. I like it. And it seems like it would be able to grab brush and or rocks as well, which is what I would primarily be using a grapple for. Much cheaper than the $1990 grapple itself option.

/ Added Grapple to bucket #10  
I got an email from UPS today saying it's on the truck for delivery tomorrow.

If I can get to the steel place, I'll start on the project this weekend. Looks like it'll be too nasty to do anything else anyway.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

VOLVO MCT 125C SKID STEER (A32908)
VOLVO MCT 125C...
2013 John Deere 661R (A33526)
2013 John Deere...
2004 Sterling Acterra (A32932)
2004 Sterling...
2 Yard plastic dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard plastic...
Curtis Snow Plow, 7'6" Blade (A33349)
Curtis Snow Plow...
Danuser F8 Posthole Digger (A33041)
Danuser F8...