Add-a-grapple source

/ Add-a-grapple source
I finally finished my installation on my BX25D today, so here's a first-day evaluation. There were three parts: the Summit Hydraulics 3rd function kit, the AddAGrapple (small size), and 2 custom hoses from North Sound Hose and Fittings in Everett WA, to connect the first two parts.
In general, I'm happy with how it turned out. The grapple, added to the bucket, picks up pretty much whatever I ask it to. Because the bucket sides keep you from getting the bucket bottom under logs, I have changed tactics, dumping the bucket until the bottom is nearly vertical, opening the grapple, descending on the log or brush pile, then closing the grapple to scoop the load towards the bucket. This works fine. My approach will doubtless improve with practice.
I ordered the 3rd function kit from Summit Hydraulics. It arrived in a few days. It was complete. Instructions were good, except that the instructios didn't reflect a few recent changes. Everything fit. The worst part of the job was hooking up one of the hoses underneath the tractor, but that was because Kubota crammed a lot of plumbing into a small space. If you do this, I strongly recommend getting some skinny hydraulic wrenches. I ended up grinding down a few regular open end wrenches.

The Add a Grapple came from Precision Manufacturing, via the Agfolks website. Delivery took about four weeks, as they predicted. The grapple came on a pallet without any packing, but nevertheless was in perfect condition. I picked it up from the truck with pallet folks on my tractor. Installation instructions were sparse but adequate. You simply position it where you want it on your bucket, clamp it in place, drill four 1/2" holes on each side, and bolt it in place. I have already gone through removing and reinstalling the grapple on the mounting bar, which stays on the bucket. Yes, it's simple. No, it's not easy to get everything lined up. However, I have some ideas which might make it easier. In any case, it's not in the way when picking up a bucket of dirt.
The hoses and fittings between the tractor and the grapple were fabricated in about 10 minutes at a local industrial hydraulic shop, for about $160, with pipe thread on the grapple cylinder ends, and quick attach fittings on the other ends.
The 2 buttons on the replacement joystick handle operate the grapple smoothly, and with plenty of power.
Without adding up everything exactly, I estimate the project cost about $2300-2500. I think the added capability is well worth it.

/ Add-a-grapple source
Just trying to call attention to the previous post, as the thread wasn't highlighted as havinga new post. Not trying to shout, just trying to thank those who asked to hear how it tuned out.