ACME ALN 330 WB governor settings (again)

/ ACME ALN 330 WB governor settings (again) #1  

hillfolk88

Tractor
BCS tractor, model ?
Hi Guys,
I am having trouble setting up my governor linkage to make the engine idle. No matter what I do, the throttle stop arm always comes off the stop and the rpm is high. I can physically hold the stop arm closed and idle speed is good. An old thread, (2013) had a link to some adjustment procedures but that link is gone now. I have the ACME workshop manual downloaded in PDF, but the instructions and pics in the manual are unclear.
At the bottom of the throttle butterfly shaft is a clamp for the rod to the governor arm. Should I re-index that clamp? Thanks in advance for any help!

/ ACME ALN 330 WB governor settings (again) #2  
Hi Guys,
I am having trouble setting up my governor linkage to make the engine idle. No matter what I do, the throttle stop arm always comes off the stop and the rpm is high. I can physically hold the stop arm closed and idle speed is good. An old thread, (2013) had a link to some adjustment procedures but that link is gone now. I have the ACME workshop manual downloaded in PDF, but the instructions and pics in the manual are unclear.
At the bottom of the throttle butterfly shaft is a clamp for the rod to the governor arm. Should I re-index that clamp? Thanks in advance for any help!

My copy of the workshop manual is a ?th generation photocopy. The pictures may or may not be clearer. I have also included a parts diagram from the operator's manual. Important text in the connection paragraph is "... without binding". Are you sure you have the correct spring? The adjustment paragraph describes adjusting the clamp on the rod. Joel at Earth Tools has been helpful keeping my old, but reliable engine running.

Attachments

• Acme Gov 03.jpg
    Acme Gov 03.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 862
  • Acme Gov 02.jpg
    Acme Gov 02.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 754
  • Acme Gov 01.jpg
    Acme Gov 01.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 955
   / ACME ALN 330 WB governor settings (again)
My copy of the workshop manual is a ?th generation photocopy. The pictures may or may not be clearer. I have also included a parts diagram from the operator's manual. Important text in the connection paragraph is "... without binding". Are you sure you have the correct spring? The adjustment paragraph describes adjusting the clamp on the rod. Joel at Earth Tools has been helpful keeping my old, but reliable engine running.

Thanks, Your pics are definitely clearer. Can you tell me where you got your copy of the manual?

/ ACME ALN 330 WB governor settings (again) #4  
Can you tell me where you got your copy of the manual?

I likely got it from Mainline North America, former importer of Goldoni. I think they ceased operations around the year 2000. Have you tried Earth Tools?

I likely got it from Mainline North America, former importer of Goldoni. I think they ceased operations around the year 2000. Have you tried Earth Tools?

I couldn't see a spot for manuals on Earth Tools. I downloaded mine from BCS America.

Thanks JamesHW. That ten year old thread is a bit of a different setup than the 735. That is the same manual that I downloaded and the resoloution on the pics seem to be about the same. I would be nice to get a clear version. I imagine they are available to buy.
I was messing with the unit last night and noticed that even with all the linkage disconnected from the throttle shaft, it still wants to rest slightly off the idle stop. I can push it onto the stop and when I let go, it comes off a bit. I had to blast out of town today but will investigate further when I get back.