Accessory to convert AG tire to Turf?

/ Accessory to convert AG tire to Turf? #1  

MAarcher

Tractor
Kubota B8200
There are chains to give turf tires more tractions, is there a similar product to go the opposite way? I have AG tires on a tractor I just got but I would like to use it for both lawn cutting and other chores that require the traction of AG tires. I'm guessing another set of tires on rims is going to be expensive so I was wondering if there was something I could strap on similar to tire chains that would prevent the ag tires from chewing up the lawn so bad?

If there isn't a commercial product available I might try and find some conveyor belt material and rig something up.

/ Accessory to convert AG tire to Turf? #2  
Short answer...no.

/ Accessory to convert AG tire to Turf? #4  
You may want to look into the newer style R14 tires. They are a mix of both worlds.
As far as I know, they go on the same rims like the R1.
For turf tires, you need different rims.

/ Accessory to convert AG tire to Turf? #5  
Putting on tires that fit the existing rims isn't always that easy. 4WD tire ratios need to be considered so the diameter of tires old to new should be similar. Just because the tire fits the rim, doesn't mean the tire is the same diameter.

/ Accessory to convert AG tire to Turf? #7  
I have R4's on my subcompact, seem to work well in any situation on my 5 acres.... But for mowing, wife loves her riding mower....