A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good.

/ A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good. #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Had to help give the three year old grandson a haircut today. The last time he screamed bloody murder. So this time he was bribed. He sat in granddaddy's (me) lap, his mom did the clipping, and his dad blew the hair away with a leaf blower. If we did this he said he would not cry. Now at the beauty parlor he never cries, grins all the way thru a haircut. But Miss Kristi pets him to death and he eats it up.

So anyway, his haircut was finished and mine was about to begin and the three year old grabbed the 40-volt blower and headed for the chicken pen. The chickens thought they were gonna get fed and all five ran to the fence to meet him. Boy were they surprised. I was amazed at how many feathers you can blow off a chicken.

Anyway, thought y'all might like trying to picture it. Wish we had video.

RSKY

/ A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good. #2  
I wish you had a video also!!! :laughing:

/ A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good. #3  
Thanks for the laugh Rsky, I could imagine my nephews trying that trick!

/ A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good. #4  
When I saw the title of this thread I couldn’t put the items together. Thanks for bringing it all together.

/ A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good. #5  
Did he learn all that from you? ;)

Life would be awful boring without kids around!

/ A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good.
Did he learn all that from you? ;)

Life would be awful boring without kids around!

I forgot to put at the beginning of the above story that Bruiser, the biggest rooster, had grabbed the boy's finger earlier in the day. Revenge is sweet.

My wife ran a one student, one teacher school for the last part of the school year for his seven year old sister. That was called NTI by state authorities for Non Traditional Instruction. My wife calls my lessons GTI for Grandfather Taught Incidents. They are good kids but highly intelligent, inquisitive, and mischievous. The three year old boy is as big as many five year old kids. He will stand between my legs and drive my CK20. He will watch the front tires and hasn't hit anything yet. And they both can drive the Bad Boy, at idle, and steer it around an obstacle course I can lay out. Anything to do with tractors is his favorite thing to do.

RSKY

/ A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good. #7  
I forgot to put at the beginning of the above story that Bruiser, the biggest rooster, had grabbed the boy's finger earlier in the day. Revenge is sweet.

My wife ran a one student, one teacher school for the last part of the school year for his seven year old sister. That was called NTI by state authorities for Non Traditional Instruction. My wife calls my lessons GTI for Grandfather Taught Incidents. They are good kids but highly intelligent, inquisitive, and mischievous. The three year old boy is as big as many five year old kids. He will stand between my legs and drive my CK20. He will watch the front tires and hasn't hit anything yet. And they both can drive the Bad Boy, at idle, and steer it around an obstacle course I can lay out. Anything to do with tractors is his favorite thing to do.

RSKY

I think you are showing them the path for good citizenship and imprinting Grandpa as their best friend forever. They are so lucky to have someone like you to show them how do accomplish things on their own, given the right tools, and the relationship between work and reward. Keep up the good work!

/ A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good.
I think you are showing them the path for good citizenship and imprinting Grandpa as their best friend forever. They are so lucky to have someone like you to show them how do accomplish things on their own, given the right tools, and the relationship between work and reward. Keep up the good work!

They are spoiled rotten. As are the other two we don't get to see as often because of the quarantine.

I mean, what else or grandkids for?

RSKY

/ A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good. #9  
They are spoiled rotten. As are the other two we don't get to see as often because of the quarantine.

I mean, what else or grandkids for?

RSKY

Sharn Jean used to say "Feed them sugar and send them home!"

/ A three year old, a leaf blower, and chickens. Not good. #10