A Tale of Four Tractors

/ A Tale of Four Tractors #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
Four different versions of one that is. I had to go from mowing machine to digging machine today so here's some pics. Subject is my trusty little 790 and this first shot is the summer mowing setup. 513 Rotary Cutter and front weights. Pardon the dirt, I hope to have a chance to take care of that tomorrow /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 689836-IM000774.jpg
    689836-IM000774.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 904
   / A Tale of Four Tractors
Next pic is the same tractor in sport trim. Removed rotary cutter, front weights and three point linkage. First pic was time-stamped at 6:10 and this one was 6:17. Cutter, linkage and weights are in their proper storage locations /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 689838-IM000775.jpg
    689838-IM000775.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 782
Next step is installing the FEL. It's a breeze as it sits in the garage on nice, smooth concrete. Pic taken at 6:22 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 689839-IM000776.jpg
    689839-IM000776.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 778
   / A Tale of Four Tractors #4  
Rob, a note in-between your posts, I just wanted to say I've always envied your home you've built. I like the steep pitch roof, style and colors. Its been a while but I remember when you posted a bunch of pics when it was being built. Just nice to catch another small glimpse of the garage.....Kyle

And finally the most fun part. Took a trip to the barn where I installed the tph restraint bracket and dropped off a roll of burlap from a previous project (in the FEL bucket) then around back of the barn for the backhoe. It sits on gravel and can be a pain but I did luck out this time. Got it lined up on the first try. Time stamp on this one was 6:34 making the whole transformation a 24 minute process including the picture taking. I wasn't specifically rushing, which could have made things worse and the hoe can take quite a bit longer if I don't get it lined up quite right.

All set now for some stump removal at the in-laws tomorrow morning /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 689844-IM000777.jpg
    689844-IM000777.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 709
Thanks Kyle! I must say, progress around the house has slowed considerably since initial construction. We are loving it though and have the rest of our lives to truly finish it. I'm especially looking forward to finishing up the brick patio and such as they are turning into huge projects (time-wise). Next year we hope to settle in to more manageable, weekend type landscape projects /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ A Tale of Four Tractors #7  
Now...that's one fine tractor!

And, a quick change artist at that!

Cool pics, Rob...thank you very much!

Boy, I kinda wish I'd gotten that job in MI I was telling you about a couple, three years ago! (hint: Traverse City..stamping company) because I am most assuredly envious of your beautiful estate!

/ A Tale of Four Tractors #8  
Hi Rob, I couldn't help but notice that the screens on the sides of your hood are clogged from debris from mowing. I hope you cleaned them off as well as checking to be sure the radiator is clean. Just thought I could use this opportunity to remind everyone how important it is to check these areas daily, especially when mowing. It does not take long to ruin an engine from overheating in hot weather. Sounds like you have the swapping of attachments down to an art. It would be nice if everyone had your mechanical inclination.

/ A Tale of Four Tractors #9  
"I couldn't help but notice that the screens on the sides of your hood are clogged from debris from mowing. I hope you cleaned them off as well as checking to be sure the radiator is clean. "

A very good point!

It seems that 790's run pretty cool even with those screens clogged. Mine never goes above ¼ scale...I'm sure Rob will confirm this with his experiences.

However, still an important point you are making for all tractor owners!

Yeah guys, I was sure someone would nail me for those screens. As Roy mentioned, the 790 runs pretty cool and does have a temp gage. The only time I've ever had a problem was when the radiator screen inside was clogged. About freaked me until I realized what was happening. I promise I'll give it a nice, well deserved bath this afternoon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And Roy, as much as I like the area we are in it is nothing like Traverse City. That area is probably more like where you are with hills and such. We're pretty much dead flat down here /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif