A Short Video My Wife Made While I Was Tractoring Yesterday - I hope you find it inspiring ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

/ A Short Video My Wife Made While I Was Tractoring Yesterday - I hope you find it inspiring ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ #1  

KilroyJC

Elite Member
Tractor
1962 Case 430, 1995 Craftsman Yard Tractor/mower, 1949 South Bend 9A Lathe, WoodMizer Lx55 sawmill, Kubota KX033-4 Mini-Excavator
   / A Short Video My Wife Made While I Was Tractoring Yesterday - I hope you find it inspiring ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘
Where you find that nice looking Case?
My wife found it on the local Facebook Marketplace last year. I was looking at a couple of 8Ns when it popped up, and after a bit of research it was what we opted for. Thing runs like a champ!!

Two complaints: it only has a single hydraulic control for the 3-point, so adding a front bucket would be a PITA; and the original Case tach does NOT have an hour meter, so I have no idea how much use is actually on it. But it is really clean and complete otherwise. The lighting electrical is shot, no lights work, but I have no immediate need to work on the dark anytime soon. I replaced the original Eagle Hitch arms with generic ball-end Fergie-types because the originals were bent out of true enough to be ridiculously awkward to use, one day I will get them straightened.

/ A Short Video My Wife Made While I Was Tractoring Yesterday - I hope you find it inspiring ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ #4  
In the video what were you attempting to do ? Where was all the smoke coming from ? Looks like a nice tractor.

/ A Short Video My Wife Made While I Was Tractoring Yesterday - I hope you find it inspiring ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ #5  
No Facebook needed, nor wanted.

/ A Short Video My Wife Made While I Was Tractoring Yesterday - I hope you find it inspiring ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ #6  
My wife found it on the local Facebook Marketplace last year. I was looking at a couple of 8Ns when it popped up, and after a bit of research it was what we opted for. Thing runs like a champ!!

Two complaints: it only has a single hydraulic control for the 3-point, so adding a front bucket would be a PITA; and the original Case tach does NOT have an hour meter, so I have no idea how much use is actually on it. But it is really clean and complete otherwise. The lighting electrical is shot, no lights work, but I have no immediate need to work on the dark anytime soon. I replaced the original Eagle Hitch arms with generic ball-end Fergie-types because the originals were bent out of true enough to be ridiculously awkward to use, one day I will get them straightened.
That's a lot stronger than 8N.

The old Cases were typically long piston stroke and lower RPM for torque and longer life engine.

When pulling hard enough to lift the front end I would call some blue smoke typical at that age. Sounds like you choose well. Currently we have lights on every thing but the backhoe but I still put a head strap rechargeable light in my pocket in case I am out after dark.

/ A Short Video My Wife Made While I Was Tractoring Yesterday - I hope you find it inspiring ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘
That's a lot stronger than 8N.

The old Cases were typically long piston stroke and lower RPM for torque and longer life engine.

When pulling hard enough to lift the front end I would call some blue smoke typical at that age. Sounds like you choose well. Currently we have lights on every thing but the backhoe but I still put a head strap rechargeable light in my pocket in case I am out after dark.
replacing the wiring (which is original and has several visibly breaks along in various places) is on the list of things to do. The never-ending ever-expanding list of things to do. . .