A short snow blowing video with a not so conventional blower

/ A short snow blowing video with a not so conventional blower #11  
You should see the leaf blowers/rail mounted jet engines that CSX snd the Long Island Rail Road
uses to clear railroad swiichs and railroad signals at railroad crossings.

The paper mill up here has its own railyard and they use these "blowers" too, makes a heck of a racket. When I was a little kid we believed these belonged to Batman :D

I still enjoy watching the huge railroad plow that CPR uses on its right-of-way through Maine after storms. It comes down the line at 60-70 mph and all you see is a fast-moving cloud of snow. It looks like a railway car with a sharp-curved plow carved into one end (it's all in one piece). The height of the blade is at least 20 feet, operator sits in a elevated cab protruding from the roof, like on a caboose. When the warning lights go on at a level crossing and this is what's coming it's not a good idea to stop near the tracks lol

/ A short snow blowing video with a not so conventional blower #12  
Is this like it?

Yes, very similar except those here have a plow at one end and the switch melter at the other. Once I saw a documentary where a similar machine was mounted on a giant truck and used to melt ice on an airport's runways. I'm pretty sure it was O'Hare.

/ A short snow blowing video with a not so conventional blower #13  
Is this like it?

Yowsa!!!!, thats one of the CONRAIL/CSX beasties that loves to blow out railroad switched that are packed with ice and snow and clean it down to bare metal without needing shovels brooms or a serial numbered and certified can of whoop ***!!

please find enclosed 2 images of a snow clearer that will relieve you of 22,000 tons of packed heavy snow fall per hour.

Attachments

• Beilhack snow clearer photo2.jpg
    Beilhack snow clearer photo2.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Beilhack snow clearer.jpg
    Beilhack snow clearer.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 153
   / A short snow blowing video with a not so conventional blower #14  
The paper mill up here has its own railyard and they use these "blowers" too, makes a heck of a racket. When I was a little kid we believed these belonged to Batman :D

I still enjoy watching the huge railroad plow that CPR uses on its right-of-way through Maine after storms. It comes down the line at 60-70 mph and all you see is a fast-moving cloud of snow. It looks like a railway car with a sharp-curved plow carved into one end (it's all in one piece). The height of the blade is at least 20 feet, operator sits in a elevated cab protruding from the roof, like on a caboose. When the warning lights go on at a level crossing and this is what's coming it's not a good idea to stop near the tracks lol

The Jordan spreaders come in handy when needed for snow removal.
I do not believe that CPR owns a rotary anymore on the east coast.