a rack and tool box for the box scaper

/ a rack and tool box for the box scaper #1  

tubzz

i had a need for a rack. as i would go back in the woods with the saw,gas can and what ever i might need in the bucket. then see a tree or something needing to be pushed on and dump it what was in the bucket on the ground. i got my first welder a little Hobart 140 and i pulled this out my back side. so laugh away as it has been 35 years since the last time i have welded anything.
2011-12-22 12.14.58.jpg2011-12-22 14.32.01.jpg2011-12-22 14.46.34.jpg2011-12-23 15.16.42.jpg2012-01-02 15.07.52.jpgIMG_20130330_165310.jpgIMG_20130330_171405.jpg

it did start to sag so i use part of exhaust clamp and i had to paint the tool box black after the first time i was backing up with the sun clearing off it . not pretty but it works

Attachments

• 2011-12-22 12.35.33.jpg
    2011-12-22 12.35.33.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
   / a rack and tool box for the box scaper #2  
Good idea, one can never have enough storage.

Dave

/ a rack and tool box for the box scaper #3  
Good idea.

/ a rack and tool box for the box scaper #4  
I like it a lot and may copy it.

/ a rack and tool box for the box scaper #5  
Awesome idea! We area thinking of doing something similar. Thanks for the ideas.

Have you noticed it obstructing any sightlines other than the glare?

Andy

/ a rack and tool box for the box scaper
not that much, the tool box is the only thing in the way but i can see over it and around it.like everything else just got to know where you at i have about $100 in it, the rack itself i found for $50 and the toolbox i got it on sale for $30,plus the cost of the tube, i had the steel. it also makes a god work bench when back in the wood. when it start sagging i just put the u of a muffle clamp on the back of the tube. the most weight i have had on it was 4 bags of 80lbs of concert and some tools, i have also filled it up with fire wood. it works great for me as the box scrapper still on the tractor all the time, as a weight box for the front loader. copy away and let me know of your improvements. it was my first time/try of making something for the tractor besides putting D-rings on the side of the bucket for strapping thing in

/ a rack and tool box for the box scaper #7  
That is a great idea! Very tempted to do the same!

beautiful workmanship!
Phil

/ a rack and tool box for the box scaper #9  
Been thinking of doing this on our 2250 as well.... Did the same thing this week with the bucket, dropped the saw out and didn't have anywhere to put the chain and was very annoyed.

Will need to think a little on what I'd like it to do. the platform is a great idea, but def need toolbox, cubbys for chain, saw, and gas/oil....

I'm new to the forum - I'm glad it has a snow removal forum, but would love to see a wood hauling forum as well! Technique, do it yourself implements.... For example, I'd like to come up with a frame and tongs for skidding that can be attached to back blade, and would like to find a way to use the tractor to hold a log at "old man height" for sawing so I don't have to bend over so much.

Years ago I built a skidder deal that mounted to 3PH, and had a big ***** set of tongs on it. Was caretaker at a property at the time. For our tractor, would like it to be part of backblade so that it doesn't have to be removed.

Thanks for ideas....

/ a rack and tool box for the box scaper #10  
Great idea...working on implementing something like that myself.... Your ideas just sparked a few more ideas for me thanks.