A Massey by any other name...

/ A Massey by any other name... #11  
Re: Buffalo-Bison by any other name...

DOHHH!!! I would not have wanted to be there. I have had to run from a charging cow before, but am glad I have not had to from a Buffalo.

/ A Massey by any other name... #12  

John, when I was a teenager, Ardmore, OK, started their first zoo, and they had 3 bison to start with; a cow, calf, and a bull. They were in a pen that was just a ordinary 6' chain link fence and the calf was standing right next to the fence when I walked up close enough to touch the calf, but didn't try to touch it. The old bull was 10 or 15' away and he just slowly walked over to the fence and just as he got there, put his head down and moved me and that fence back about 3 feet. And needless to say, as soon as I could get turned around, I moved myself a lot further at a high rate of speed.

/ A Massey by any other name... #13  

Hey John,

Ya,I guess you could say Gem Farms has a few shaggies!!

I've not sold the teeth yet,just usually give those to kids that visit. But I've sold just about everything else,even walking sticks,and manure.

The fence charging is one of their favorite ploys,especially with newbies. They like to see how you react,especially if they throw a bit of dirt on you!!

/ A Massey by any other name... #14  
I saw the URSUS page too and wondered what was up. Thanks for the explanation. To note, Mahindra (India) also uses Massey Castings - from long ago on some of their tractors. I used to sell MFG technology to AGCO and was sorry to see them close the Coldwater, OH plant. I think the only Massey MFG location in the US is now in Heston, KS. Anyone know of any other Massey Furguson factories?

/ A Massey by any other name... #15  
Hey Stonewall,

I think you mean TAFE in India not Mahrindra (was a IH licensee).

Uzel is the MF licensee in Turkey,as IMT is in Yugoslavia. They also have a big MF plant in Brazil.