A Massey by any other name...

/ A Massey by any other name... #1  

PitbullMidwest

Platinum Member
Tractor
1998 Kubota L2900GST
I ran across this while tractor surfing, anyone have the lowdown on Ursus Tractors?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sweettractors.com/Ursus/ursus.html> Ursus Tractors</A>

/ A Massey by any other name... #2  
MF481.jpg

<font color=blue>...anyone have the lowdown on Ursus Tractors...</font color=blue>

Well... a little info... Ursus of Poland has been a MF licensee since the early 60's...

As you can see... the technology has stood still for the basics... castings that were used 40+ years ago... are still current.../w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

In that ad, on a $10,995 Ursus... for about $400. more you can buy it as a current Massey Ferguson with a 2-year US warranty and availability of parts... probably for the next 40 years or so... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ A Massey by any other name... #4  
Hi Woodbeef...

See... that's what I get for displaying a Massey Tractor logo... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I went to post a MF200 series... and the pictures were so small... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Who are the OEM's in South America for Massey?

Doesn't Zetor have any factories down there or just Europe?

I have a Bison farmer a few miles down the road from me, I think it's Mesick Farms? How many head do you raise?

/ A Massey by any other name... #5  
Hey John,

Nice pic though. Not too bad of a looking tractor either.

I do believe Massey has there own plant down there like Valtra does.

Zetor is only in Brno, Czech Republic. Deere was building some of the 2000(badge-engineered Zetors) in Mexico though for awhile.

I'll see if your neighbor is in my ABA book.

I ususlly have around 20-25 bulls here at any given time. Need to expand though,so I might start a breeding herd.

/ A Massey by any other name... #6  
forage.jpg

Here you go Woodbeef… our “Buffalo neighbor” down the road a spell… /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.gemfarmsbuffalo.com>Neighbors Buffalo Farm...</A>

running.gif

/ A Massey by any other name... #8  
So what do ya think Woodbeef... does my neighbor have a few bison...? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

It seems they have it down to a science... selling the teeth and all... everything except the "snorting"... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ A Massey by any other name... #9  
Hay John. 6News had a little spot on about then the outher day. They were talking about how they use, and sell almost everything. The only thing I rember last time I was around there was the smell.

/ A Massey by any other name... #10  
Re: Buffalo-Bison by any other name...

Hi Paul,

Gee, I missed that... but I've been not seeing the news lately anyhow...

Years ago, when my kids were little, one day we went there and stood by the fence and watched the calves playing... they ran as fast as little freight trains... The kids would call out to the calves trying to get them to come over to the fence... well, one mama thought her young'n was in danger and came running from afar... the kids said, "Pa... the Mama is mad..."

I told the kids, "Nah... don't worry, she's alright..." In a matter of moments... I just knew she was coming through that high fence... I picked two kids up and couldn't run fast enough.../w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

When, we got to safety and looked back... it appears the Mama Bison skidded up to the fence line coming to a screeching stop.../w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

If those bison only knew that thin wire and couple boards fence wasn't actually going to stop them with a ton of unlimited energy come hurling through it... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif