A lonely world now

/ A lonely world now #21  
I've never hoped my family would grieve and miss me when I die.

/ A lonely world now #22  
Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.....

They say as we get older, most of us tend to get lonelier, for many reasons including the inevitable loss of friends and family. A good church can be a great source of comfort and nonjudgmental friendship. I say "nonjudgmental" because unlike most of society where you tend to be judged on your looks, youth, wealth, etc., in a good church people are at least *trying* to accept you for whoever you are.

On a tractor forum, of course there is no "grouphug" emoji, but sending you one anyway.

/ A lonely world now
I learned a heart warming story yesterday. I was talking with my SIL and she talked about my brothers last words. The family was gathered around and my niece said to my brother t��ell mom you love her? He whispered "I do" My SIL asked what he said and the words were confirmed. He died immediately thereafter. Since the day was their 57th anniversary, my SIL likes to tell the story that their life together started with "I do" and ended with "I do".

/ A lonely world now #24  
Death is a certainty we all face in some manner. Both our own and our loved ones. The order we do not know nor the date. The best we can do is prepare for the certainty of death. When we do that, the living has less stress.

Sorry about the passing of your brother. I am one of five siblings and have lost the two oldest. With the knowledge of their relationship with Christ know one day we shall be reunited. Great promise and peace yet in this life they are missed. May you find the Peace of Christ in your situation.

/ A lonely world now #25  
My most heartfelt condolences on your loss. Time marches on. Enjoy every day. I lost my father a little over a year ago. It's tough. Hang in there.

/ A lonely world now #26  
Sorry for your loss...

/ A lonely world now #27  
Funny how threads can suddenly become relevant. You read them and feel for those affected by lifes idiosyncrises, and then life takes another twist.

I am one of 5 boys. My eldest brother is 72 shortly. I am 70.
My youngest brother almost 60 when he suffered a massive stroke. He lived alone and owned his own sheep farm in New Zealand.
Fortunately another brother just happened to be with him at the time but sadly he deteriorated rapidly and passed a couple of months later.
Very sad time when the youngest sibling is first to go.
He had a rough start to life when he suffered a brain tumour at the age of 4. Luckily it was successfully eradicated but it affected his hearing and it was difficult to talk to him later in life even though he had a cochlear implant.
He wasnt computer literate and phone calls were impossible so I didnt see him often as I live in Australia and have done for 43 years.
What counts is the good times we had together when I did get to visit, riding the bikes around the property and playing pool. I will never forget those memories.
I just hope I have been good enough in my life that I will get to see him again soon.

/ A lonely world now #28  
I hope so too. Sorry for your loss.