A lonely world now

/ A lonely world now #11  
Sorry for the loss of your brother. I have lost a brother. The saddest time in my whole life, by far.

My 88 year old mother was just misty eyed two nights ago about all of her friends and classmates that she grew up with have passed. Fortunately she still has a few friends at her church.

Be sure to plan and spend time with family, your brother's kids and other brother's kids. I'm sure they would all love hearing stories of you all growing up and all the crazy things boys do. Instill memories of his youth to them (hoping they are mostly good).

Do not let depression rule your life...sounds easy to say, but it will take some strong will on your part to get on with life. Remember the good times as best you can. Surround yourself with loved ones. Make more memories.

/ A lonely world now #12  
Sorry for your loss. Very good friend of mine once said "never dwell on things you can't change".

/ A lonely world now #13  
Sorry for the loss of your brother. I have lost a brother. The saddest time in my whole life, by far.

My 88 year old mother was just misty eyed two nights ago about all of her friends and classmates that she grew up with have passed. Fortunately she still has a few friends at her church.

Be sure to plan and spend time with family, your brother's kids and other brother's kids. I'm sure they would all love hearing stories of you all growing up and all the crazy things boys do. Instill memories of his youth to them (hoping they are mostly good).

Do not let depression rule your life...sounds easy to say, but it will take some strong will on your part to get on with life. Remember the good times as best you can. Surround yourself with loved ones. Make more memories.

Wise words

/ A lonely world now #14  
I, too, have said my Good Byes to all my family members.

My mother had another childer in her 40's (I was 20 something and already grown)

That child is now, along with me (The eldest of 4}, the only surviving descendents of my father and mother.

This place is but a stop over on a far larger/longer journey.

We're just a little farther behind the rest of the pack and not in control of when we join them.

Join them, we will do when it's our turn.

/ A lonely world now #15  
I, too, have said my Good Byes to all my family members.

My mother had another childer in her 40's (I was 20 something and already grown)

That child is now, along with me (The eldest of 4}, the only surviving descendents of my father and mother.

This place is but a stop over on a far larger/longer journey.

We're just a little farther behind the rest of the pack and not in control of when we join them.

Join them, we will do when it's our turn.

More wise words.

/ A lonely world now #16  
Sorry for your loss.

It's a sad truth that "life is for the living", so remember them fondly, but go forward, as they'd want you to.

/ A lonely world now
Thank you all for your kind words. My brother and I were not all that close as he was 12 years older than me. We were all born in eastern Pennsylvania, but I left there at 16 with my parents to move to Texas and then California. John and his family remained in PA.

Over the years we only saw each other a half dozen times or so, but he was still my brother who I loved. Being the last of my siblings to die, it was harder than the previous ones.

Unfortunately for his wife, the day he died was their 57th wedding anniversary.

Life will go on, just a little lonelier.

/ A lonely world now #18  
Sorry for the loss of your brother.

Last week the last child of my great aunt passed away. We found out from someone (investigator) who called wanting permission to settle the estate.

/ A lonely world now #19  
Thank you all for your kind words. My brother and I were not all that close as he was 12 years older than me. We were all born in eastern Pennsylvania, but I left there at 16 with my parents to move to Texas and then California. John and his family remained in PA.

Over the years we only saw each other a half dozen times or so, but he was still my brother who I loved. Being the last of my siblings to die, it was harder than the previous ones.

Unfortunately for his wife, the day he died was their 57th wedding anniversary.

Life will go on, just a little lonelier.

My father was one of 10, he's 86 and the last in his family.

My mother was one of 12 and I only have two aunts left living.

I was blessed enough that I was with my mom's mother (grandmother) at her side at the home when she passed.

I was also blessed enough that my ear was on my mothers chest at the hospital when she had her last heart beat in this world.

The way I see it, sooner or later I will be in the exact same position as my mother and grandmother, and will take the same trip they took when they left this world. This gives me more comfort than anything else knowing that I will sooner or later die.

The thing I hope for is that perhaps some of my family will miss me like I miss my mother (and like I know how I will miss my father when it's his time to come). That feeling of loss is the greatest thing this life has to offer us IMO.

Considering you miss your brother, although the pain may be great at times, consider yourself lucky that you feel the loss.

There are many in this world who wouldn't miss anything about their immediate family leaving this world.