Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
Happy Thanksgiving! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 535774-GobbleGobble.jpg
    535774-GobbleGobble.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 514
   / A Gob-O-Gobblers #2  
Looks like all the relatives coming for Thanksgiving from my wifes side of the family. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Happy Turkey Day from all of us to all of you.

/ A Gob-O-Gobblers #3  
Jim,
I have 3 turkeys here that walked out of the back woods? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
They are kinda cool to have around, they eat all the bugs ect..
However they jumped on my truck the other day & now they gotta go! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
How do I make these things scoot down the road?
I now theres the shotgun ect...
But I like my name as Ernie & not a number behind bars ! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ A Gob-O-Gobblers
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( However they jumped on my truck the other day )</font>

Hmm... Maybe a trap with corn inside? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif You don't need a huntin' license for trapping do you? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Obviously, from the evidence in the attached photo, turkeys are not afraid of tractors either. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 536015-TurkeyCrossing.jpg
    536015-TurkeyCrossing.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 251
   / A Gob-O-Gobblers #5  
Jim, Your turkeys sure are tame. Last week was the first time I ever saw a wild turkey. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif They were on the road in front of our place. This is about as close as I got. They ran in the road like roadrunners for about a tenth mile before flying off.

When I called Texas Parks and Wildlife about trapping bobcats they said a hunting license was required to trap them. I didn't ask about turkeys.

Attachments

• 536161-turkeyroad.jpg
    536161-turkeyroad.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 258
   / A Gob-O-Gobblers #6  
Here's the fool proof way to catch turkeys.

Take a 55 gallon drum and cut it in half so you have an open top. Dig a hole the depth of the half drum. Insert the drum in the hole (open end up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) and put corn in the bottom.

The turkey will drop into the hole to eat the corn and become stuck.

This works because turkeys are poor jumpers and can't fly unless they get a running start. Trust me, it works!!

/ A Gob-O-Gobblers #7  
Friday I spotted these guys off the side of the road (wild turkies). They've been reintroduced here in recent years after being wiped out some time ago. A older friend of mine (now passed on) led the repopulation effort. They are thriving unbeliavably and we've been able to hunt them the last couple of years or so (although I haven't). This is the biggest group of them I've seen together at one time, but I now spot them almost 3 -4 times a week just driving around.

Attachments

• 537581-turkies.JPG
    537581-turkies.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 268
   / A Gob-O-Gobblers #8  
Awhile back we had some hanging around here. I was sitting around driving nitro RC car, which Is abount 11-12lbs and does 40+mph, when walked out in front of me from behind a tree by the time hit the breaks I hit him. He got up and ran and took off flew right into the side of the house. jumped up again and flew away. Strong little guy beacuse when I hit I had the truck up past 40mph. stunned me as much as it did him.

Joe