Snow A few questions on L4479 front mount snowblower

/ A few questions on L4479 front mount snowblower #1  

GreenTime

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 110TLB, JD 3720, JD Z997, Kubota L5740
I have a 2010 L5740 tractor and would like to find a front mount snowblower before winter. My dealer said the L4479 blower will fit both the older 40 and newer 60 L Series. Do most of you leave the subframe on the tractor during the summer? Do those of you that have had both the older "bayonet mount" like on the L2195A blower and the newer "4 point mount" on the L4479 have any pros and cons of either? Also, any other comments in general on the L4479 blower would be appreciated. TIA!

/ A few questions on L4479 front mount snowblower #2  
Can't directly answer any of those questions, but here is some info you may find helpful.... Screen Shot 2017-08-08 at 12.23.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-08 at 12.23.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-08 at 12.23.41 PM.png

/ A few questions on L4479 front mount snowblower #3  
Birdlover,

I have the older style quick hitch, L2180 with duckbill attachment with snowblower (L2185). The quick hitch or subframe as I call it is removed seasonally. Technically it could be left on year round assuming the duckbill lift cylinder doesn't leak down and drag on the ground. It does reduce ground clearance.

There are times when I've left the subframe on and used the front end loader during the winter without issue.

I've seen a tractor with the new subframe/quickattach and it seemed to position the snowblower much further from the tractor. Please note I can't confirm by measurement and was my first thought when I seen it and could be wrong. It also seems to cost more, especially when you add in the "recommended" equipment. The version with auto-connect looks sweet, but the price! Local dealer claimed they have never sold a auto-connect version due to the cost.

Hope this helps.

/ A few questions on L4479 front mount snowblower #4  
Birdlover,
Technically it could be left on year round assuming the duckbill lift cylinder doesn't leak down and drag on the ground. It does reduce ground clearance.

There are times when I've left the subframe on and used the front end loader during the winter without issue.

I've seen a tractor with the new subframe/quickattach and it seemed to position the snowblower much further from the tractor. Please note I can't confirm by measurement and was my first thought when I seen it and could be wrong. It also seems to cost more, especially when you add in the "recommended" equipment. The version with auto-connect looks sweet, but the price! Local dealer claimed they have never sold a auto-connect version due to the cost.

Hope this helps.

I havent had a chance to measure the new front quick hitch, but it does appear to position the blower slightly further out. Also, with the additional front apparatus of the newer front hitch system, it doesn't appear that it would feasible to have the subframe/ front hitch on the tractor concurrently with the loader.