A decent smart phone holder?

/ A decent smart phone holder? #12  
That ram thing costs 3 times more than my phone.
I spent $50 on the ram mount for my cabbed tractor so it's out of the way and secure. I can see if I get a call or text at a glance even. I spent more than that on more useless things in my life... Haha

/ A decent smart phone holder? #13  
The RAM Mount will grip many different objects and also hold the phone with and without the defender case. I even have heads that can be adjusted to fit hand held GPS, amateur radio and my scanner. A phone without the Otter Defender case would have been smashed a dozen times by now and hit with the chainsaw bar once.

/ A decent smart phone holder? #14  
Timely post. Wanting to hold fluke dual lead thermometer to measure hydraulic fluid temperature while bush hogging. Don’t want to drop. Ram system has some heavy duty mounts but spendy.

/ A decent smart phone holder? #15  
Here's mine mounted. Had it over a year, maybe 2 now. Hasn't moved since the day I installed it either. 20200810_094333.jpeg

/ A decent smart phone holder? #16  
My RAM is mounted to the door handle in the cab. Rock solid even without the retaining band thing. I've ripped the USB cable out of the plug I installed twice now. Front of that USB adapter rips off. No damage to the phone & it stays firmly in the mount. I now have coiled USB cables & zip tied them to the door bar so there is the proper amount of slack.

Photo of the outlet, but none offhand of the RAM.20170317_191616.jpg

/ A decent smart phone holder? #17  
Fallon,

I did the same thing with my USB cable. Have it zip tied and coiled up for proper slack for the same reason. It's just not in my picture.

/ A decent smart phone holder? #18  
I use the RokForm case with built in magnet plus twist lock. I've used one for many years and just keep an optional insert in the twist lock port to keep it clean since I only use the magnet mount, but it's there if I ever need it. I use the magnet mount all the time while working in the shop or garage. I can stick it to cabinets, truck fenders, pipes, or anything steel. Very handy. The twist lock part would be better for a rough ride (tractor, bike, etc).

/ A decent smart phone holder? #20  
This is probably going to be the most prolific response thread ever posted that has nothing whatsoever to do with a Kubota ... or really any tractor...

I had been fighting the constant 5X per day or worse dropping of my cell phone out of the routine most handy shirt pocket location. Every time I was out working on the tractors and attachments there was inevitably a need to bend forward and there goes the phone.

Once into a drain bucket full of hot engine oil during an oil change on my MF2660. As an ad for the ruggedized "sport" models of Samsung, I must say the thing (an S7 Active) was just fine after I dried it off. The oil was too hot to put my hand in long enough to grab the phone so it was submerged several minutes while I found a way to get it fished out. Did take the cover off and used paper towels to absorb all the oil I could but really no adverse effects. The inner serpentine neoprene seal seemed to do it's job. The microphone and speakers continued to seep tiny traces of oil for a couple of days.

Eventually the frequent dropping (shop floor, grass, weed patches, etc. not oil...) got cussing-level-infuriating so I bought a very simple heavy nylon holder last week (hopefully you can see this picture)

cell ph holder.jpg

This holder is on Amazon as "ykooe Cel Phone Pouch Nylon Holster Case..." for $11.65. My phone required their large model for good fit. I had occasion to use it for the last 3 days. As far as I am concerned it is just about perfect. Attaches to my belt either horiz or vertical, opens with no effort with the velcro flap, is very secure & essentially you can't drop the phone from it, has a small carribiner on the back that you could hook it on to almost anything or use that for extra security besides being on your belt. The heavy nylon material seems very durable and the pouch is stiff enough to provide fairly good protection for the phone as an added benefit. Unless the background noise is too bad I can hear it ring or notify me of a text. Sure solved my Cell Ph issue while working in/around/on farm machinery.