A decent fuel can?

/ A decent fuel can? #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
It's hard to make this post NOT go political as several other have been closed down due to it... but I'll try...

The new "no drip" 5 gallon diesel fuel cans - anyone found one that a competent and dexterous adult male can dispense into his tractor without spilling, dribbling, drooling, swearing or flicking fuel all over the creation?

I just want one that works in as much as this legislated design can.

Help - links to actual products would be even more appreciated.

/ A decent fuel can? #2  
These cans are designed for use after the Nuclear Holocaust and everyone will have that third hand sticking out of their chest. I had to buy one when I rented a Mini Excavator. I kind of liked it in the fact that I could get the nozzle into the tank and then squeeze the "trigger" to get the fuel to flow. Now I was standing on the machine and the tank was below me. The only way could one of these with my tractor would be to duct tape the trigger open.
Duct tape is your friend.

Wedge

/ A decent fuel can? #3  
I've spilled more fuel due to this idiotic design in the last few years than I did in the previous 55... That's progress!

How can this thread not get political when it's the moronic lawmakers that jam this garbage down our collective throats in the name of safety and the environment?? There's got to be a better way!

/ A decent fuel can?
How can this thread not get political when it's the moronic lawmakers that jam this garbage down our collective throats in the name of safety and the environment??

OK - We ALL agree this is stupid...

BUT - I stink like diesel and would like to draw off the experience of this group - is there one that's better than the others?

/ A decent fuel can? #5  
I ended up cutting the ends off of my "spill as much as possible fuel cans" then made a cap for evaporation. Now they poor like a can with a spout should, only thing I could figure cheap and easy. Next they'll have toilet paper dispensers that attach too the cieling.

/ A decent fuel can? #6  
How about a water can painted the proper color?

/ A decent fuel can? #7  
I refuse to use them. I bought a bunch of the older style ones without that ridiculous "thing". I stockpiled a few for future use.

/ A decent fuel can? #8  
I've "disabled" two of the spring loaded cans. I use a cork to seal the spout. It is interesting to me that an attempt to enviromentally friendly has certainly caused more spilled fuel than hapened when you could get a regular fuel can!
Will

/ A decent fuel can? #9  
I like the ones with the flexible plastic spout. When they're full, I set them above my tank and use a TSC "kerosene syphon" to transfer the fuel. When they're about below half, I can extend the spout, bend it into the place where I want the fuel to go with the vent closed. Then open the vent and tilt the container to transfer the fuel.

I HATE those steel safety cans. Bought one at an estate sale. In using it, I end up pouring its contents (with a big funnel) into one of my flexible-spouted plastic cans before I can really use the contents. I don't know of ANY way of using one of these steel things without using a BIG funnel.

Ralph

/ A decent fuel can? #10  
All the users, and still no one on this...LOL

I use and love No-spill cans..Step-up to the plate and order them. WELL worth the money.