A commendation to us, our group here

/ A commendation to us, our group here #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
Hi all
I have been member since 2005. I have learned so much from all of you folks. Info that helped in many ways.

last couple months I shut off sink with leaky hot water spigot. By time I got around to fixing, I got funny smell from the sink.
It took me about a month to figure it out. It wasn't a big deal as I have another sink about 12 feet away.
But, every morning and evening using the less convenient sink for washing, brushing etc. is just minor irritation, but it's over and
over. I replaced spigot set. I turned it on and a gross smell came from water. I was sure it was hot water. I was stuck and almost
called a plumber. Later I found, with help from tbn, trap caused problem. See post "oder in house water" if interested.

Why is this little problem so moving to me. Have trouble with your tractor, you get the tips and ideas here or other places
and you fix it. You don't use tractor every day in most cases. But, sink smell was present in morning and right before bed.
Every time I used bathroom. Finally I tried flushing the drain with a disinfectant . It worked.

This morning turned water on in my sink and I said, "Thanks TBN members." I'll say that for a few weeks till I forget all about it.
So before I forget: " Thanks again TBN members for making my day a little nicer today."

I post to ask info and I post to try and help others. I'd like to think over the last few years I maybe have given one decent idea to others.

Hats off to all of you out there and we should congratulate ourselves, A job well done. TBN is great.

Cheers to all from...... Coffeeman

/ A commendation to us, our group here #2  
I've found the same to be true with the members on here. I've saved thousands of dollars and a lot of hours from the advice I've received on here. Best part is when I didn't even know I was doing it wrong or there was a better way to do it and somebody on here offers advice that I didn't even know to ask for. Truly the best group of people anywhere!!!

Eddie

/ A commendation to us, our group here #3  
When I'm confronted with a problem of almost any sort my wife has hear me say "I'll see what they say on the tractor web site" so many times that now she just tells me to go check here whenever I need to know how to fix something.

I've said it before, and I've been on many, many other types of web forums, but the body of knowledge (about virtually anything), helpfulness and civility here at TBN is unsurpassed.

/ A commendation to us, our group here #4  
Hear Hear!

At my present young age I am soon needing hearing aids.
Thanks to one forum I am now all genned up to the point that I'll intelligently be able to discuss with the doctor.
The guys were full of good advice and tips so I won't be sold a bill of goods.

Whenever I can I try to help folks in areas that I have some experience.
I have been a sales rep in pharmaceuticals, fork lifts, hydraulic fittings, licensed aircraft mechanic (Canada & US), pilot and multiple aircraft owner, owned an aviation facility and OH /repair shop. Scuba diver and even water skied professionally. Had a dozer and on my 5th tractor.
Yeah, I have enjoyed life and ever job/position was more fun than work.
I am retired but never bored. Also never have enough tools. Love tools! (fix tools for all my pals)

Yeah, love TBN (and my tractor sports the TBN decal!)

And Eddie, built 6 houses for clients from plans that I drew and got approved by city along with many varied upgrades, decks septic systems and pump installations. Always fun projects with good friendly loyal clients that really appreciated.

/ A commendation to us, our group here #5  
TBN is a Special and I mean that in a positive way. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I am on some other forums where the member demographics seem to be the same. All of the forums are helpful but the other forums degenerate into rudeness fairly often. I don't know if it is because the members are from all over the world, and there are culture clashes, or if the other forums just have more rude a.....holes. :D:D:D

It is funny to see them talk about oil. :shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ A commendation to us, our group here #6  
Well, there are certain issues that get this group going too. Gear vs hydrostatic comes to mind. I won't name any names but some members get a bit uptight about that topic........oh wait, that was me.;)

/ A commendation to us, our group here #7  
Definitely a good place -- I have learned a lot of practical and useful information here.

/ A commendation to us, our group here #8  
Well, there are certain issues that get this group going too. Gear vs hydrostatic comes to mind. I won't name any names but some members get a bit uptight about that topic........oh wait, that was me.;)

Yes, TBN does have its famous/infamous topics of conversations. :D:D:D

On the other forums, the topics that go out of control are monohull vs multihull, guns, and anchors. Yes anchors!:confused3::shocked::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I guess the common theme is that people have strong feelings about certain subjects but they just can't accept when they are wrong. :laughing::laughing::laughing: Like, everyone knows that gear tranny's are better than those fluid filled slush buckets! :shocked::D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ A commendation to us, our group here #9  
:stirthepot:

/ A commendation to us, our group here #10  
TBN also can cost you a lot of money:D! Ratchet Rake:thumbsup:, Grapple:thumbsup: and some others I can't think of right now.:confused2: