/ 990 #1  

klm

Silver Member
Tractor
Allis D17 CIH D40, JD5310, Massimo MS50010
Stopped by local dealer yesterday, very intrested in a 990 with 430 loader to replace my 870. He proceeded to tell me why I didn't want a 990 but that I really wanted a 4410. I explained to him that I thought I had done my homework and was not interested and if I was it would be more likely a 4510. Anyway after he and another salesman made it clear that I was out of my mine he worked up a price and the total was $50 more for the 990. Don't remember the totals (the papers are out in my truck) I like the spec's on the 990 and the feedback I have got from this forum, everyone that own's one seems very satisified with it. The mood I'm in now will proably forget the whole thing and stay with the 870 which I'm very satisfied with.

/ 990 #2  
sorry to hear about your experience ! But have you given any thought to going to another JD dealer ?
This is just my opinion ,. But if that dealer wants to argue with you about your choice , He'll probably be even harder to deal with when you need service . John

/ 990 #3  
I would have walked out and not looked back right then and there. The 990 matches up to a 45xx anyday and is an awesome tractor. go find another dealer.

and when you tow it home drive through their lot and honk the horn.

/ 990 #4  
I love my 990. No probelms yet except for that little oil leak somewhere.

/ 990 #5  
That was a great idea!!!!
I don't really like the sales guy telling me what I want either.
If he was too say, Have you looked at the 45xx tractors? I think that would have been good.