914MMM Trick

/ 914MMM Trick #1  

thcri

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D, 2001
When mowing in taller grass my 914MMM would leave windrows off the side of the chute about 2 feet out. I got myself two really thick flat washers and laid them on each end of the spring plate to lift the chute up some. Man did it make a difference. It was throwing grass out 7 feet. No windrows. I think I will make the washers permanent. But I caution you all as I am sure there is some safety issues there with the chute pointed down some. the washers were about and 1/8" thick each

Murph

/ 914MMM Trick #2  
Murph.........I'll probably get some greif over this..........but the chute for my 914 6' MMM is lying in my shop under the workbench.........Adding the washers there probably won't make a difference but I could try.............TOM

/ 914MMM Trick #3  
Murph,
How did you get those washers to stay in place? My chute bounces so much, they would fall out in a matter of seconds!

/ 914MMM Trick
The heaby spring on my chute keeps mine tight. I have no problems keeping them there. I think a person could put some clear caulk on the bottom side of the washers and then it could bounce all it wants. If you need to remove them you would still be able to. Just a thought.

murph

/ 914MMM Trick #5  
Heck, I'm not sure where I put my chute. I took it off before I ever mowed. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif