9000 hours on Challenger MT525..............

/ 9000 hours on Challenger MT525.............. #1  

bswiv

Silver Member
Tractor
CAT D5G, Kubota M8540, KubotaB2700
So.......9000 hours on Challenger MT525.....if oil test and compression check out is that a disaster waiting to happen or okay?

It'll take me 4-5 years to put another 1000 on it.

Back when we ran shrimp boats 10000 hours on a Cat or Detroit was not that big a deal.......but.....well.....insight appreciated.

/ 9000 hours on Challenger MT525.............. #2  
Is she the power shift version or the CVT, CVT I might be nervous, Power shift check the shifts cold and hot.
Those 9000 hours are likely clock hours which are a lot different then engine hours at pto speed.

/ 9000 hours on Challenger MT525..............
Is she the power shift version or the CVT, CVT I might be nervous, Power shift check the shifts cold and hot.
Those 9000 hours are likely clock hours which are a lot different then engine hours at pto speed.

Former county with boom mower attachment so could be that well over 50% of those hours are at full PTO speed.......though I can not be sure.

/ 9000 hours on Challenger MT525.............. #4  
I don’t know much about Challengers but I share Lou’s concerns about any CVT with those hours. And I will guarantee the mowing equipment will be good for scrap only.

/ 9000 hours on Challenger MT525.............. #5  
County owned and 9khrs. Run don't walk away from that. Would you think of buying a rental machine with 9k?

I use to work for a big municipality for years.