825i - Excessive heat at your feet?

/ 825i - Excessive heat at your feet? #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
Our neighbor just purchased a Gator 825i. It gets very hot around the foot pedals, enough that it is really bothering her. Is this normal?

/ 825i - Excessive heat at your feet? #2  
It's common on side by sides. Radiator up front and the fan blows heat back towards cab. It's horrible on some brands.

Foil backed insulation sheet you can try and find where it is blowing through and block it.

/ 825i - Excessive heat at your feet? #3  
That doesn't sound normal to me.....my 825i isn't nearly that hot by the floor. Is there any smoke? I wonder if the bearing on the front drive shaft is getting really hot

/ 825i - Excessive heat at your feet?
That doesn't sound normal to me.....my 825i isn't nearly that hot by the floor. Is there any smoke? I wonder if the bearing on the front drive shaft is getting really hot

She didn't mention any smoke or odor. Maybe I should take a quick look for her tomorrow.

/ 825i - Excessive heat at your feet? #5  
I can tell you I get very little heat from the floor.......it doesn't get much heat in the cab area period...the engine sits back far enough you don't get blasted like some other brands.

/ 825i - Excessive heat at your feet?
I took a look at it for her. From what she originally told me, I thought the sheet metal behind the pedals was getting hot. I think what she is actually noticing is heat coming in under the dash from the radiator. There doesn't seem to be any problem -- operating temps were normal.